Prolouge

We now live in a world, where the dead and alive stand side by side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Her floral skirts billowing around her ankles, as she runs for her life across the courtyard, her royal knife clutched to her chest. Through the bodies littering the ground in puddles of blood. Her warm breath swirls out in icy tendrils of ice in front of her in the cold winter air. Snowflakes fall against her delicate features in the mist around her.

       She mutters curses under her breath with every trip and stumble, carrying her few belongings in her satchel. Leaving a life she knew behind, as the Heiress to the throne of Ayrith, it seems like she had so much to not run from. Somehow she continues to will her aching legs to carry her on, pushing ragged breath through her lungs and out.

      There's a story behind this princess leaving her throne. It was a buildup of hatred and emotions towards her court, but she simply always held her sharp tongue and turned a blind eye to the corrupt royals, but it's not only that.

      The year is 1348, and the Mongols had engaged biological warfare by throwing a plague-infected body over the wall. Into Europe. Her people, her court, were now dead. 1348, the year God is taking vengeance back onto the people of Europe for their greed and sins.

        These are reasons why, Evangeline Marliere, the Princess of Ayrith, is fleeing from her crown. From her life she knew, the only life she knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1340 A.D

       "Catch me sis!" Her little brother Avenel shouted, his small voice echoing across the marble castle floors. He was the Heir, despite being 4 years younger than her. From the time he was born, he was destined to prevail and rule.

      Then, he died. At the age of only 6. He never got to see his time to rule over Ayrith.

     The Crown was then pushed onto Evangeline when she was ten years old. Still in her black mourning clothes and lace woven into her hair, Evangeline was sworn in as the new Heiress. Tears stung her face as she sliced a jeweled family dagger across her palm, blood pooling into the cut and dripping, onto the floor. She quickly moved her bleeding hand over the fire, her blood sizzled on the harsh stone below. Her family applauded.
~
         Her father viewed Avenel's death as a minor inconvenience, just a small bump in his mossy cobble roads now paved with the dead. He had never wanted a daughter, and Evangeline sees his pale gray eyes mirrored into hers, and hates him. She completely and utterly hates him, the King, her father. Her eyes, are a part of her that seemingly belongs to him, as they will always match his.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1344 A.D

"Princess Evangeline Marliere of Ayrith!" A guard says her title, announcing her into the grand ballroom. She steps down onto the glass stairs, her long gown dragging the ground behind her. She daintily lifts up part of her dress to walk, taking one step at a time towards the bottom of the stairs.

The Court cheers as she steps down the winding grand staircase, and she reaches the bottom with elegant poise and a smile.

"Welcome to the Summer Ball!" Evangeline says with a small smile, and the Court cheers her name. The Ball is in honor of her, as she is now 14. She is to be introduced to her Court, to start to assume responsibilities as an Heir.

"Your grace!"

"Your highness!!"

The crowd rejoices, for their Crown Princess has been deemed fit to rule. She waves politely to her Court, the scar along her palm now healed, leaving a thick white line for all to see. Her mother comes to stand next to her, Queen Lavina Marliere. Beautiful, her blonde locks became those of her only daughter too. Her eyes a deep green, they differ from hers. Evangeline wishes she had those eyes, instead of her hateful fathers. She did indeed get the beauty of her mother though, her delicate features and bleach blonde hair, almost the color of fresh fallen snow. Yet the sharp, crude jawline of her father.

"Now, we dance!" Queen Lavina states, and everyone grabbed a partner and began dancing gracefully across those marble floors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You see, these were the good time of the Kingdom of Ayrith. After this, well, I think you know.

Death, The Black Death. The silent assailant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all enjoyed! Comment to let me know if you like it, and for another chapter. ;)