Chapter thirty-nine: We meet again

Commander Grayson's perspective

If you're in a war and you're a good warrior trying to make a strategy, then you probably thought about sneaking into an enemy's base. I prayed for the other warriors to keep their heads up if something went wrong, I prayed to give justice to the souls that have been banished, and I prayed for the protection of my brother, guiding the young warriors, with the new Dragonslayer as their companion, in their journey. Including that weird hippie-with-style guy that my brother made friends with.

Well, if we're not splitting up, then I guess we'll civilly visit the general. I didn't know this could happen, I didn't even know that General Jabbernock was here. We haven't killed each other for years. It's crazy. And now, we'll meet again, preparing to strangle each other's necks. Since it's winter, we, unfortunately, needed more cover for our skin. MaXabiere didn't tell me how cold Northern Quarté was.

So all of us, except Johnwolph and Giuseppe (Since he can change his violet robe into a coat) suited up for winter. With thick winter coats and a furry hood, camouflage pants that blended in with the environment (our warrior outfits can also do that), and winter boots crafted with fine materials with retractable spikes on the bottom, we were ready. I strapped my dark shield with the growling griffin carving behind my back before sheathing my obsidian sword in the scabbard behind the shield. And just in case, I counted the bullets and prepared my long pistol before putting it in my utility belt.

I recalled my members while seeing them prepared. We are famously known as the "Vortecse commando squad". Named after yours truly. 

Erna: Hot-headed and a daring woman who can absorb the forces of nature and become one depending on physically and emotionally, making her quite a force to be reckoned with. Expert combatant and not a big fan of being uncomfortable.

Giuseppe: A star-reader, a wizard, a genius, has the magic of teleportation which enables him to transport himself everywhere at any time.

Hugo: Black long hair, grey eyes, and fair skin. He's around five-nine, slightly shorter than my brother. He was sporting a navy blue coat, black pants, and combat boots. A storm summoner, slightly serious about life.

Jalve: His brown hair was cut in a faded style at the side of his head. Blue eyes, a pale, skinny, young man. He wore a brown vest over his classic white shirt, olive pants, and brown boots. Don't worry much. At all. He could see more than meets the eye.

Joal: Born half-elf and half-troll, a powerful shape-shifter, carried the magic of nature and earth. He had a tan muscular body and the broad face of a troll and dagger ears of an elf. Dark grey spiky hair and golden eyes. He was a completely jolly warrior, no doubt. Just don't ask how he got himself inside the safe zone of Hymnilyria.

Barbatine: Covered in darkness with his black bangs falling in front of his face, red eyes, wears gothic outfits such as a black vest, robe, and shoes (Not boots). He doesn't do well with others, because he's a vampire. A hybrid one. After being sliced by the holy dagger, thanks to that, he was immune to sunlight, somehow. No longer needing blood for sustenance. Phew. The only thing that identified him as a vampire was changing into a humanoid bat and having an enhanced sense of hearing, smell, and sight.

Craully: Not your typically decent nurse on the academy. Rather than staying in the medic section, she mostly spends her time on the frontlines. Caring for a lot of people, she was a good healer- and a good killer.

Willow: He was dressed in a green vest over his red shirt, brown shorts, and black pointy shoes. His blue eyes were filled with wonders. His orange hair was covered in his green pointy hat. He was an elf who learned the ways of nature magic. He likes apples.