Warm whispers

Tigress kept very close to Ming-Lei for a majority of the next day. Not that she minded too much; she was too worried about the child to focus much on helping the guards look for Tai Lung. Shifu had instructed that Tigress ensure that Ming-Lei didn't go anywhere or attempt to use her right wrist to do anything. The master helped the child eat her meals with her other hand, played a few rounds of checkers with her, informed her (quietly) that Tai Lung had stopped by in the middle of the night to see how she was doing, and she had her help critique some of her own kung fu skills while the other masters were busy training at separate times. After nearly a whole day of activity, (as well as not being allowed to do anything), Ming-Lei grew a bit tired, and was told to go and take a nap for a little bit. Afterwards, Tigress left the barracks and headed over to the main area of the Jade Palace. As she reached the battle arena, she came across Viper who was slithering slowly, stretching out her body to make the soreness go away.

"Training with Shifu?" she asked, startling the master.

"Where's Ming-Lei?" Viper asked her in surprise.

"Taking a nap," Tigress answered. "Were you just training with Shifu?"

"Yes," Viper replied. "I know I'm off punishment for letting Tai Lung escape, but it doesn't feel like it."

"I still can't believe you let him escape," Tigress told her, folding her arms and frowning in disapproval. "What in the world were you thinking?!"

"I was thinking the exact same thing Po and Ming-Lei were thinking," Viper explained. "When Shifu caught him, he just pleaded to be let go or to at least say goodbye to Ming-Lei. And then he didn't even bother trying to escape. He just laid there in defeat."

Tigress' look changed to one of surprise, but she simply said, "I need to talk to Shifu."

"He's putting the training equipment away," Viper informed her, beginning to slither over towards the kitchen. "Just choose your words carefully; he's in a bad mood."

"I figured."

The master watched her friend slither away for a moment before heading over to the training hall. The entire Jade Palace was almost completely empty, which felt a little bit weird to her. At this time, she would have been in the training hall kicking the butts of her comrades. Instead, she was helping watch Ming-Lei while everyone else was out and about looking for Tai Lung.

Tigress soon reached the slope that led to the training hall and walked up it, eventually getting close enough to hear Shifu muttering in annoyance under his breath. She quietly opened the door and stepped inside, now witnessing her master angrily slam the weapons back into their proper place. She cleared her throat. "Master?" she asked.

Shifu jumped in surprise and turned around to look at her. "Tigress!" he exclaimed. "I didn't see you there."

"I figured."

"What brings you up here? You're supposed to be watching Ming-Lei!"

"She's taking a nap."

Shifu frowned and narrowed his eyes. "Are you sure about that?" he asked grumpily.

"Master, I need to  talk to you about this whole Tai Lung incident," Tigress said flatly, folding her hands behind her back. She knew this was probably the last thing he wanted to hear at the moment, but she felt that it needed to be addressed immediately.

Sure enough, Shifu's look darkened and he instantly snapped with, "If you're going to tell me that my line of thinking is completely wrong and that you're siding with Ming-Lei and Po and Viper, Tigress, then so help me I'll-!!!!"