So It Begins

At The Hamato's Mansion

All the girls, along with Jett, hide in Essence's room nervously eyeing the clock. We lost track of time, so now it's too late to run. Even if we did, the guys would probably follow us. They all know where we live anyway. "What should we do?! They're gonna come for us!" Lori says hugging her knees to her chest, her long brown hair falling in a curtain around her curled up figure. I wrap an arm around her shoulders in an effort to calm her down. "We'll avoid them. I'll do my best to keep you guys safe." I say. I look up and see an air vent. Rose has been silent this whole time, tugging on a strand of her long black hair, her amber eyes focused on nothing, a thoughtful, nervous expression on her face."Maybe we can use the air vents to get around." I say. "Can't the guys smell us? Their noses get stronger during mating season." Ray says sounding completely uninterested, staring blankly out the window. "Oh no! That's really bad! What if they find us?!" Yuzuki says nervously tugging on the purple ends of her hair. Jett gently hugs her around the shoulders. "Don't worry Yuzuki. We'll watch out for each other. On top of that, Ajax will kick their asses." He says looking at said salamander. She bares her fangs, her strong tail thumping the floor. "Damn straight." She says smiling down at our shy friend. She smiles back and the tension leaves her body. Flame is sitting on the floor near my bed, her lizard tail wrapped around curvy waist, her fiery, goldfish orange eyes locked on the clock. Nora is sitting on my bed, eyeing the clock with dread in her blue eyes, absently twirling a lock of her bond hair around her finger. The clock reaches 10:00 and an involuntary shiver runs up everyone's spine as the atmosphere of the mansion instantly changes. Nora's phone gets a text from Mikey. Her notification sound rings out through the room loudly. She scrambles to grab it before turning it off. We all do the same to avoid making the same mistake. But she's too late. The guys are walking up the hallway, using her phone to gauge our location. I make eye contact with Jett, quickly exchanging a message with my purple eyes to his blue ones. He stands up and cups his hands together. I climb up and sit on his shoulders. He blushes with his face pressed against against my stomach. I give him an apologetic look before using my claws to unscrew the screen of the air vent, wrapping my tail around his arm for support. I carefully hide it after climbing off Jett. If they see it lying around, they'll instantly figure out how we escaped. Not that they wouldn't notice it. They're pretty sharp. I have a window in my room, but we can't use it on the 3rd floor. First we help Lori, Nora, and Yuzuki through the vent, them being the smallest ones. Then we help Rose, Flame, and Ajax through the vent. Flame and Ajax pull Jett into the vent with their long, powerful tails. Jett offers me his hand and pulls me into the vent just as we hear the door opening. I motion them to quietly start moving through the vent shaft so they won't be as close to it as I am. I twitch my furry ears to focus on their conversation. "God damn it! Where'd they go?!" I hear Raph growl. "Not sure. But they couldn't have gotten too far." Donnie says, his voice uncharacteristically dark. "Try calling one of them." Anthony says. "Wait! Look!" Mikey says. They must've noticed the vent. I motion everyone to stop moving. Suddenly the room grows silent. But thanks to the heightened senses my animal features give me, I can hear and smell everything. Anthony and Caesar are standing under the vent. Their scents are very close. Caesar is balancing on Anthony's shoulders I motion everyone to start moving as quickly as they can but avoid making noise. I turn to follow them but Caesar grabs my tail and starts pulling me out of the vent. I try to hold onto the metal with my claws in a futile effort to get out of his grip. Jett reaches out and grabs my hand. I take his hand and squeeze it reassuringly. "Watch the girls and take them somewhere safe. I'll find you guys as soon as I can." I say trying to give him a calm smile. "How would you find us?!" He says, looking panicked. "My nose. It's never failed me before." I say before letting go of his hand. "No!" They all say. I fall out of the vent and land in Caesar's arms. "Hey there princess. You shouldn't hide from your boyfriend." He says in a seductive voice, one hand squeezing my butt. I jump and try to squirm out of his grip. He only snickers darkly and tightens his hold on me. The rest of the guys draw closer. "Don't hog the girl. Sharing is caring." Mikey says with an evil smirk. "She's my girlfriend. I'm not handing her over to any of you." Caesar growls. "DAMN STRAIGHT!" I hear somebody shout. Suddenly, a blur falls out of the vent and onto the floor and a strong lizard tail flies around the room knocking all the guys unconscious. Ajax runs over and grabs me before jumping back into the vent and dragging me after her through the shaft and jumping through another open one. It's the one by the front door. As it turns out, Rose had called my brothers and told them we needed backup. We all jump into the black SUV and they take off. We're safe. At least for now.

To be continued...