Chapter 3

Chara opened the door to the house, before instantly recognizing the place. She had sensed some familiarity before, but now she new, it was exactly like her old home. Well, almost. She walked out of the hallway and into the living/dining room, seeing a cozy armchair next to a magical fireplace. But she kept walking, until she reached the kitchen, noticing the pie on the counter. Still too hot.

     Chara kept inspecting the kitchen, looking for something very important. She opened cupboards and drawers, but only found a few plates and a butterknife. That's not it. She threw it back in angrily. She has to have at least one. Chara kept rummaging through the kitchen, before finally opening the fridge, and finding it.

     The one chocolate bar that she brought into the underground. Yes. She reached into the fridge, and took it out. She savagely removed the wrapper, and stared at it intensely, licking her lips.

     "Dear, you have been gone a bit too long to eat that." Toriel walked into the kitchen with her hands on her hips.

     "What? What year is it?"

     "2000 and-"

     "What?! But... it's chocalaaate! Mooom!"

     "You are not eating that," Toriel chuckled, as she took the candy bar out of Chara's hands. "Why don't you get some rest, like Frisk is doing. After what she put you through, you probably need it." Chara grumbled, frustrated, but decided not to oppose Toriel. She quietly stomped through the hallways, and opened the first door she found. Inside was a child's room, with a bureau, and toy chest, a night table, and a single bed, where Frisk had already dozed off. Chara peeked her head back into the hallway, slightly confused. "Mom, Frisk's already in here."

      "And? You can share a bed with her, right? Now quiet down, please, or you'll wake her."

     Chara was about to object, but decided Toriel was right. And she definitely didn't wan't to wake Frisk. So she tiptoed over to the bed, looking at Frisk anxiously, before crawling in next to her. "This... isn't so bad," Chara whispered to herself, But as soon as she did, the unconscious Frisk rolled over, facing Chara, and wrapped her arms around her, sleep cuddling her. Chara, pretty surprised, blushed, but didn't react other than that, only putting her hand on Frisk's head and playing with her hair, until she finally fell asleep.

***TIME SKIP***

      Frisk woke up a few hours later, feeling unusually comfortable. She looked upwards, only to see Chara, sleeping next to her, and appearing to be just as comfortable. Frisk giggled, before realizing that she was laying her head on Chara's breast. She became very apparently flustered, but she, to the best of her ability, decided to not move from her position to not bother Chara (or disappoint herself, as she was not in the mood to move from her position).

     After a few more minutes of enjoying Chara's company, Chara awoke, seeing Frisk on her chest. As much as she tried, she couldn't hold back a small yelp. "Frisk?!" Chara whispered loudly, though secretly enjoying her cuddling time with her new "friend". Frisk looked back up at Chara with a playful smile.

     "Oh, don't pretend like this bothers you, Chara." Frisk giggled, tightening her hug around Chara. "Just a few more minutes." Chara kept blushing, and looked for an excuse to make it look like she wasn't enjoying Frisk's company. "Frisk, c'mon. We can't stay in bed all day. And I'm hungry! Didn't mom bake a pie?"

     "Don't worry about that. She left a piece for us on the floor." Chara looked at the floor, and, sure enough, the pie was there. Wait, she thought, before sitting up energetically, unknowingly pushing Frisk off her chest, and leaving her a bit disappointed.