Chapter 12: Birth of the 9th

"So how was it?" Apollo asked as I landed, back to my normal body. Even though I was back in the body of Moeiw Templar, it felt strangely different. I still felt the power within me that I had felt when in the second form, but it was a different kind. Not nearly so wild, but I could understand it to some degree now. Its strength filled my body, and I was confident that I would never be physically challenged outside of battle again. The pool of physical, mental, and magical energy now seemed infinite. To put it most simply, I was now probably immortal.

"It feels good." I replied, walking over to Neiko's body and crafting a pedestal for it. Putting the crystal sculpture in, I carried the pedestal into the temple and set it at the highest point.

"Remember, you agreed to join when you exited that temple." Apollo said, looking at me as I exited the building.

"Yes, and I still do. But I want to do something first." I said, reaching out to the ground and searching the spiritual world. "Rise." I commanded, and the forest sprouted up from the ground. Large crystals began surfacing from various points in the ground, each containing the body of someone who was killed in the war. Pon, my parents, Leah, Ryan, Katie, all the other Ninja, and even the Samurai were brought up by the crystals that coated the globe. Around each of them, the crystals dissipated and each stirred as if being woken up from a long slumber. I turned to Apollo. "Why can't I get Chiko or Neiko?"

Apollo laughed. "The temporal cradle and the spirit avatar, when dead, remain dead. Upon certain conditions, death in the way that those two went being one of them, their spirits enter your body and can never leave. It is for the completing of your trinity as each Divine Sovereign is composed of three parts. They cannot be resurrected, at least not by you." He explained.

"Then can you do it?" I asked, guessing that the 4th would be more powerful than the 9th by default. Apollo shook his head. I lowered my head in disappointment, and proceeded to relocate each of the people back to the forest.

"Nah. There is a way though." He said, causing me to pick my head up.

"What?" I said quickly, determined not to let him leave the topic.

"When we are done recruiting all of the Divine Sovereigns, there will be a civil war between the two factions within them. The winners of the war will gain the power to do all that can and cannot be done. All Divine Sovereigns are going to wish to resurrect their spirit avatar, so you are going to have to wait until then." Apollo explained, conjuring something that looked like a disk beneath himself.

"What are these two factions?" I asked, unfamiliar with the prospect of factions. The Ninja and the Samurai had always operated on a hereditary form of leadership based on the head families. There was no room for democracy in war times.

"Light and Darkness. Light is mainly about power to a large group and Darkness is mainly about power to a small group. Take your choice; it will determine who your allies and enemies are." Apollo advised, looking at me expectantly.

"Which are you on?" I asked, being quite cautious. Apollo was certainly not above trying to sabotage anyone that he may perceive as an enemy, so I had to take that into account.

"Zera and I are not affiliated. We will not be taking part in this war." Apollo said simply. "So don't feel obligated to join a side just because of who's on it."

"Light." I said, having already seen enough of what happens when one person makes decisions in war. All of their comrades get killed and they lose bar unforeseeable circumstances. Apollo nodded.

"Very well. Stand on this disk when you are ready to come to the center." Apollo said, lying down on the disk and falling asleep. I took my opportunity to return to the Ninja settlement, where the people I had resurrected were waiting.