Chapter 11

As I walked out of the changing rooms in my sports gear, I saw Gabby, Alex and Olivia waiting for me. I smiled and they signalled me to come. I skipped towards them with a grin on my face, I was so excited to play and actually do something I wanted to. The new Jamie was great.

"How are you feeling?!" Asked Alex as she gave me a look of concern.
"Great. Honestly buzzing!" I answered
"Wooo yay! That's great" Said Gabby
"Same!I'm so excited for you!!" Said Olivia

Alex grabbed me by the shoulders with strength I wouldn't have betted on her having, and looked me straight in the eyes.

"You can do this girl!" She said and then released her hold on me.

I was so ecstatic. This was gonna be great I had the strength of my new friends behind me and it was exhilarating. I noticed the other boys all gather on the field around sir as he blew the whistle and ran over too after waving bye to my girls.
-------------------------------------------------------
(So basically boys and gals, I live in England where the main sports are hockey, rugby, football and netball and as a sport woman myself I am appalled to admit, I don't understand the concept of American Football but do know it can lead to major mental problems. If you don't believe me watch the movie 'Concussion' or better yet google it yourself. Anyways my opinion is clearly biased and prejudice as I have never played or been involved in the sport so ignore me please if I'm just blurting nonsense.
Because of this I've reevaluated the complications of having American football as a sport which Jaime partakes in so I shall now be switching it to F O O T B A L L / S O C C E R.
Sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused and if it really stresses you out please delete my book and trust me it'll be just dandy :)
-------------------------------------------------------
Coach started the practise with suicides which consisted of constantly running up and down the field at each line and then running back to the first line to then go to the next one.

"Keep up J" I heard Coach shout from the sidelines as he then blew the whistle. I started running and quickly caught up to mason who seemed to be running with ease. It was cool as I had previously been a club swimmer so I had rather good cardiovascular and muscular endurance. I began speeding up and I was soon one lap in front of everyone else. I finished the runs 2 mins before Mason and coach informed me I'd had the second fastest time he'd ever seen.
As Mason finally finished he told me how his brother was gonna hate me due to my time being similar to his. I shrugged my shoulders. Hmm I wonder what Zander would be like, is he a kind Captain? He obviously had control as even the mention of his name brought tension and I could tell the boys were all loyal to him.
Coach then set out some drills with cones and ropes and we all just got straight into it. Afterwards we played a full on 11 a side game with the team and I asked to be a striker. Apparently Zander was such a good striker that they only ever had him up there when playing so due to his absence Mason urged me to have a crack at it. The game went amazing. I managed to score 7 goals out of the 9 my team score with a victory of 9-2.

During the entire training I could hear Alex, Gabby and Olivia urging me and cheering me on which really boosted my confidence. As we finished up our cool down, Coach whistled for a huddle in for a team talk.

"So lads what are we thinking, is Jaime in or not? Let's have a vote?" Coach said

Every single boys hand went up with enthusiasm. Yes! I'd made it in.

"Now Jamie, after what I just saw you definitely have my seal of approval, but as a team we must wait until next week for Zander to return to clarify your place in the team as he is Captain" Said coach while beaming at me.

"Okay thanks everyone and thank you Coach for the opportunity!" I replied with genuine gratitude.

Coach nodded his head in response and yelled for everyone to hit the showers and all the boys beamed at me as they enveloped me with congrats and pats on the backs.

I skipped to the stands where all the girls were waiting for me and I told them the good news. They shrieked with excitement and walked me to the changing rooms as they spoke to me about the team and what I thought about the boys as I showered.

When I was done we said our goodbyes and I began to walk home content with how my first day had gone. This was what I was missing. Finally I could be the real Jamie without the hassle. This was home.

----------For next chapter---------

FOLLOW ME/ VOTE / COMMENT

Love JAS and SORRY FOR NEVER UPLOADING IM AN ACTUAL MESS BUT SCHOOL IS TOO GOOD TO MISS !!