chapter 17

Words: 1196

(Y/n)'s pov

I walked down the streets to the market I visited yesterday, my hood off. The walk there was quiet and I thought about how I should apologize to malik. When I reached the market I went to the nice old lady that helped me yesterday.

"Oh, it is you again!" She smiled nicely.

"Yeah, I am back."

"What can I help you with?"

"I need some food, bread, maybe fruit."

"Of course dear! How much bread would you like?"

"One loaf would be enough."

"And what fruit? Want some apples? They are very fresh"

I chuckled slightly before waving my hand a little

"Please, anything but apples."

"How about.... Some berries?"

"Berries sound nice."

"Oh dear, do you have a basket with you."

"Oh err well"

I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, not using my left arm this time.

"No problem, you can have one of mine. I have too many anyways."

She chuckled and I couldn't help but smile at the old lady. She reminded me of my mother and I am truly sorry for her loss.

"Thank you so much."

She placed everything into the basket and put a white cloth on top, to protect it from the sun.

I took a few coins out of my small bag that was dangling on my hip and placed them on the counter. Her eyes grew wide and she started shaking her head.

"No, this is way too much"

"It's alright."

"But you won't have anything for yourself!"

"Don't worry about me, I will be fine. Just take it"

She sighed and gave me the basket.

"Thank you so,so much" she said

"It's nothing, really. I hope I can visit you again"

"Whenever you have the time, I will be here"

I smiled and waved before turning around and making my way to the assassin bureau. The closer I got the more nervous I became and I started to think of the worst that could happen.

He could blame me for kadar's death.....

He could tell me it's my fault....

He could seek revenge...

Deep down I knew that Malik wouldn't do that and he acted very nice yesterday, but that little part got overpowered by the thoughts I was having. I was so lost in them I only noticed I was there when I almost ran into the wall.

No going back

I carefully climbed up onto the roof and dropped down into the bureau.
I placed the basket onto the floor next to the fountain and took in a shaky breath. I walked over and entered.

"Safety and peace, Malik"

"(Y/n), it is good to see you. Is everything alright? Where is Altair?"