What Is This?

Chapter 1 > A

{S}

"Shamil, why are you still at work? It's going on 12 o'clock, you need to go home" my roommate asked.

"Mariah, what do you need? I'm trying to work" I said not paying her any mind.

"I need you to shut down your computer, put that pencil down, close that book, and go home. You need to be getting some rest"

"I do get rest, on my lunch break" I mumbled the last part.

"Excuse me, what was that? A'aliyah, your lunch break is for eating. If you're not eating I will come to your job everyday and I will feed you myself, do you hear me?!"

"Yes, I hear you" I sighed.

"Good, now go home and I'm not playing with you, A'aliyah. Ima call you back, my man is here" I heard her giggle. "Mmm, hey baby"

I hung up then got back to work.

~Two and a half hours later~

Knock knock!

"Come in!"

"Shamil, it is damn near three o'clock in the morning. What the hell are you still doing here?" One of my friends, Cynthia, asked.

"I know, Cyn, but I have a lot of work to get done and I plan on finishing it all... tonight"

"Girl, get your ass up and go home, now you know if Mr. Graham was still here you would not be here"

"I know and that's why I'm here because he can't tell me to go home if he isn't here"

"I can easily call him over here without a problem"

"That won't be necessary C, I'm almost~"

"Then go home, Shamil"

"But I only have~"

"Go home, Shamil"

"Ugh, fine" I huffed and rolled my eyes.

I got up and gathered all of my belongings then straightened my desk, locking up everything important.

I grabbed my phone, wallet, and charger then walked to the door.

"Goodnight, Shamil"

"Night Cyn, be careful"

"You too, hun"

I walked to the elevators and got on. Once it got to the first floor, I walked off the elevator to the front desk to sign out.

Walking out of the building, to my car, the tiredness that I was pushing back finally submerged it's self.

When I walked inside I heard screaming and grunts coming from upstairs. I shook my head and sat my keys in the key bowl then walked to the kitchen to see what there was to eat.

I found a wrapped up plate in the microwave so I took the foil off and heated up the seasoned potatoes, baked chicken, and string beans. When it was down, I grabbed my plate out and took it upstairs with me. Walking into my room, I sat my food on the end table by my bed and put my phone on the charger.

I stripped off all of my clothes then put on nothing but a t-shirt. I got in bed and started eating my food while blasting a funny movie to drown out Mariah and her boyfriend's sounds of love.

After I was done I walked downstairs to throw my trash away in the kitchen.

I walked back to my room to take a shower. I put on a sports bra and boy shorts then laid in bed until sleep consumed me.