Chapter 12

James' P.O.V.
As soon as Tristan said this, I was in my room, with my phone to my ear, ringing the orphanage. I was too afraid to find out the truth, but I knew I had too. Before I knew it I heard the familiar voice of the lady from the orphanage.
R = Miss Rose, J= James
R: Hello?
J: Hello. My name is James McVey. A few days ago I adopted a 15 year old girl called Emma about 3 days ago.
R: Oh yes. And what might you be calling about?
J: I know that I was given the option to wait until she was ready to tell be her back story. But she seems very afraid of something, and she seems to be triggered by lots of things. I just want to be cautious.
R: Yes. Well. When she was 7 years old, her biological father started abusing her. When she was 9 years old, a neighbor called the police and Child Protective Services. 2 years later she was adopted by a couple, and then she was brought back after the father and mother had raped and burned her. Then when she was 12 she was adopted, but then the family brought her back after the grandmother accused her of stealing. For 3 years she wasn't adopted again, until you came along and adopted her.
J: o-okay. Thank you.
As soon as I hung up the phone, I was shocked, angry even. I couldn't understand why anyone would do that to a defenseless little girl. I was mad at myself for triggering her. I knew I had to make things right with her. I quickly got up, went to Connor's, and knocked on the door. When I went in, I found Connor sitting in front of Emma, who was crying in the corner, rocking back and forth. She looked so fragile, and it absolutely broke my heart. Connor looked up and saw me standing there. He gave me a sympathetic look before standing up and pulling me out of the room. He told me to follow him downstairs, so I did. We went to the backyard where Brad and Tristan were already waiting. It was silent until Tristan asked me what the people at the orphanage said. Then I repeated exactly what the woman had told me, earning looks of anger, confusion, concern and heartbreak. I knew exactly what was supposed to happen next, the only question is, would Emma be ready for it?

(Josh) Dun. Dun. Dun.
Cliffhanger. Sorry guys. Anyways, this marks the first chapter of my posting spree/ Q and A spree
Question one: how old are you?
Answer one: I am 17 years old.
Question two: when was I born?
Answer two: I was born on the 8th of March in 2000.
See you later guys.
~Crystal