7.

Trespassing was a big deal in the werewolf world. It was deemed as a threat and a lack of respect to the pack whose territory you cross and in most cases it meant death. Definite death.

I clutch Gemma's hand "message my dad" I whisper, but she shakes her head.

"I can't. I tried but I just can't get through. It's like there is a block that's been put up. I don't know what to do."

I spin around on my feet ignoring the fact that I was now definitely burning up. I was sweating and I resisted the urge to be sick as I glanced around taking in the area around us. It was getting darker now and colder so I knew we couldn't stay for longer.

"Ok Gemma lets just move," I pointed in a direction "that route seems familiar, let's go through there."

She glances to me then to the route before taking my hand within hers.

"Eve you're burning." She whispers, and I can feel her worry.

"Don't worry" I say, "let's just try and get home."

We both head in the direction I suggested but as we continue I have an overwhelming feeling that I was wrong and apparently so did Gemma, because she stopped suddenly. Before I knew it she was dragging me back, screaming "run!" as we both sprinted away from where we were heading.

"We crossed the boundary and now they know" Gemma screamed as she continued to pull me behind her. It was difficult for me to keep up, one she was taller than me so had longer legs but also she was a werewolf with extraordinary speed whereas I was a human who was too focused on taking pills and surviving to take up an sport such as running.

My chest and legs burned as we continued to jump over broken branches and sidestep trees but somewhere behind me I could hear the howls of wolves and the ground shaking beneath their pounding feet.

Oh we are dead.

Suddenly Gemma pulls me in another direction and I push at her hands.

"I can't...run..anymore" I muster as I slow down, causing Gemma to stop.

"No Eve, we have to keep going. The moment we stop they will find us and then before we can tell them who we are we will be killed." She was panting as well, her cheeks bright red and her hair messed up from the running.

I shake my head, "I can hardly breathe. Maybe if we stop running they will stop chasing and perhaps we ca-"

A deafening roar, stops me from uttering another word. I see how Gemma's eyes widen and fill with tears. This is it I think as I reach for Gemma's hand but another roar makes me drop my hands to the side quickly.

Gemma shakes her head and I stand silently, watching as Gemma takes a step in front of me and lays to the ground, her head on the floor, her neck tilted up. She was surrendering, submitting, showing we were no harm.

I still had my back to them so I couldn't see much of what was going on.

"Turn around!" A gruff voice commanded and the power in those two words made my legs wobble. I closed my eyes and clenched my fingers into a fist. I am not going to be helpless. I am not going to be murdered tonight. I slowly turn, my black hair cascading down my shoulders hiding my face from the others. Something tells me to look up, so I do and in that second I am blown away.

Seven men are standing around me and Gemma, all well built and strong enough to kill me and Gemma with their pinkie finger. Two of the men were shirtless and their rock hard chests were impressive. The rest were fully dressed but none of the other men interest me because all I can do is stare at the tallest man, standing in the middle partially hidden by the shadows. He has the most power among the others; I can feel it from where I am standing. So much power that I feel like bending at my knees to submit to the man. He is an Alpha and a very strong one I realise. But it's not just the power that makes me paralysed, there is something else as well, but I can't figure it out. However I don't need to because apparently he's already figured it from the recognition that flashes through his face. I have an urge to approach him but I can't because I am too scared. The man steps from the shadow and damn, there goes my heart. He is perfection and there is no doubt about it. A face carved by the gods themselves. A strong jaw, a pointed nose, jet black hair and piercing grey eyes that make my heart stop.