Tag, You're It

I skipped school today. Figured I needed a break from society. I went to a nearby park that I've been going to whenever I need to think.

I sit on the squeaky swing and start swinging. I love the feel of the wind on my face.

After about an hour at the park, start walking down the road to my house. There was a black car behind me. The person driving is driving very slow...

He speeds up to be next to me and rolls down his tinted window. I look down at the road uncomfortably.

"Hey, you! Do you need a ride?" He calls out to me.

"No, sir. Thank you for offering." I said loud enough for him to hear me, not even bothering to look at his face.

"Come on. I don't want a pretty lady walking out here alone...with no one protecting her." The way he said the last five words gave me chills.

"I said I'm fine." I say impatiently, walking a bit faster.

I hear him growl and I see my house above. I quickly run inside and lock the door behind me. I run upstairs to call my mom, telling her everything. I was scared to death.

I walk downstairs after my mom calms me down, saying that she'll get here in 39 minutes. I see the black car parked across the street and I quickly turn white. I back up slowly, bumping into my couch.

I sit down and look at the beige carpet underneath me. What's going on? I look back at the window to see his face, smiling evilly at me. We stare at each other for 10 minutes before I flash back into reality. His face stayed the same, somehow seeming to never blink.

I call my mom.

Ringggg.

Ringgg

Ringgg.

"Hello?"

"Mom, please help! You need to get here right now!"

"Call the police! I'm almost there!" Soon after her saying that, the door breaks open and I give a loud shriek.

"MOOOO-" I yell out for my mom until he grabs my wrist and throws the phone across the room. He throws me across the room and I hit my leg. I try to escape and make it out the door.

I run into a parking lot and hide behind one of the cars. I pant heavily and look at my now bruised leg. I start to cry silently and turn around to meet his face.

"Tag, you're it."

He hits my head against the car I was hidden behind. I lose consciousness.

<><><>time skip<><><>

I wake up in some sort of basement. There were sharp tools next to where I was lying. I look at my wrists, then at my ankles. I'm chained to this...table. I start to hyperventilate and try to break free, knowing it won't get me anywhere. I start to cry.

Now I know why my mother never wanted me to skip school...