Elysium

Walking the streets was like breathing for the first time. It was as if I had never truly been alive until this moment, and I couldn't get enough of it. I felt true joy, seep it's way into my skin, something I hadn't felt in such a long time. I inhaled deeply and smiled softly. I couldn't help but wonder what Mahron would think of this place. She was always a tad sunshinyer than me. I think Apollo would have really liked her, maybe wished she was her daughter instead of me. It was no secret that Will was his favorite. Maybe it was because he saw himself in him a bit more, although: I did sort of feel a bit more like a child of Apollo here, enjoying the darkened glow that was like sunlight. My thoughts wandered to the offer I was given by Hades. I knew when he asked it, he was a bit wistful. I didn't think he wanted me to leave. He asked me if I wanted to be reborn, if I wanted to be resurrected in a new body. I'd looked at him, curiously, wondering a bit why it was even an option. "No." Id told him, "I don't think I do. I wouldn't really be the same. I wouldn't have the same memories." I thought over. "Yes that's true," he'd spoken back, "but sometimes, that can be better than living with them." I could only assume that he had seen the scene on the rocks with Mahron. I'd smiled at him. "Maybe, but I wouldn't give up my memories. Not for the world." I remembered him looking pleased, almost as if I had made him proud. I stopped at a park bench that I had grown to enjoy. I sat down, contently, allowing myself to get lost at my memories. I saw her smiling, laughing, her eyes lighting up. I saw her crying, and allowing herself to eat comforted. I saw her being beautiful, and being herself. I saw myself falling in love with her, I saw her falling in love with me. I wondered if it was even valid, being so young, but then I remembered Will, and even Percy. They'd said once how, since we were killed at such an early time, that Aphrodite helped us find them at an early time. I wondered if she was really who I was meant to fall in love with. I looked up as a someone coughed in front of me. I looked up and saw a girl with raven black hair and light green eyes. Her lips were tinted red, as if she had put lip stick on awhile ago and gone over it several times with chapstick. "Room for two?" She smiled gesturing towards the bench. I smiled back and scooted over. Maybe it was time to move on...