Chapter 4-SAMPLE

The next day, I decided to go into work.

The office was up and lively as I walked down the hall to my office.

I waved and said hello to people as I passed by.

I entered the office and let the light glass door close on its own.

After placing my bag on the desk, I took a seat and powered up the monitor.

Jonah was at school today. He was more than happy to go, wanting to see his friends. Only six hours until I would see my baby's cute face again.

I went through some unread emails and looked through some files. Getting to work, I didn't waste a second as I dived right in.

Three Hours Later.

"You bitch." I looked up to see Ashley, a friend.

"Hey whore." I greeted her with a smile.

She walked into my office and seated her big ass on my desk.

"So, I was thinking we could go to the club. You know to get our dance on. We need excitement in our lives. What are we? Old people?" She asked,

I shook my head at her, dropping the folder on the desk.

"Do you remember the last time we went to the club to get our dance on? You came out with alcohol poisoning." I pointed out,

She rolled her eyes, muttering yolo.

"You're crazy." I muttered,

I leaned back in my seat and listened to her ramble off about men she would love to sleep with.

~~~~~~

It was seven and Mateo and Grace were on their way.

"Mommy! Uncle Mat and Aunt Grace are here!" Jonah yelled,

I grabbed Jonah's jacket from his room and walked downstairs. I didn't have to open the door for them because they already had a key just like I had one for their house.

"Hey, are you ready." Mateo said when I entered the living room.

"Thanks." I said and hugged them both.

"We can't stay for long. Mateo here took forever to come out the bathroom so we're late for the movie." Grace said, lifting Sophie up higher on her hip.

"It's ok. I hope you guys have fun." I said,

We walked over to the door and I quickly hugged Jonah.

"Be a good boy. Mommy loves you." I said,

"I love you too, Mommy and I promise to behave." He said and gave my cheek a big kiss.

I smiled and brushed his hair back.

"You're my life, baby." I whispered,

Jonah smiled and touched my cheek.

"I know, Mommy." He said, making me laugh.

"Bye." I said as waved at them as they left.

I closed the door and let a deep breath as I smiled to myself.

I had the house all to myself.

Walking to the kitchen, I dug deep into the fridge and pulled out a bottle of red wine. After grabbing a bag of chips and a wine glass.

I plopped down in the living room couch and flipped it on to a movie. Friday the 13th came on and I grinned.

One Hour Later.