Chapter 3-SAMPLE

It was the next day when I was at home watching TV with Jonah. I managed to finish work earlier than expected.

I was relaxing and watching cartoons with Jonah when my phone buzzed from getting a message.

I looked down at the screen to see an unknown number. I furrowed my eyebrows as to who it was.

Hello, Ms. Rose. It's Luca and I'm texting you to ask if you're available today. - Luca Derain.

So, I completely forgot about what I said yesterday. I mean was too busy fantasying about his face being in much lower places. Sue me, I'm a 28 year old woman who hasn't been laid in what feels like centuries.

I replied back, telling him I'd see him in an hour.

"Jonah, come on. We're going to Chuck-a-Cheese." I said and Jonah screamed excited.

He ran off to get ready with me right behind him.

~~~~~~

I watched as kids took turns, trying to win as they played dozens of games.

I spotted Luca sitting at a booth and walked over to him while holding Jonah's hand.

"Hey." I said, causing him to look up from his phone.

"Hi." He said, looking up at me.

He got up and smiled at us both. Instead of wearing a suit, he wore a simple t-shirt and jeans. His hair was messy and showed signs of him running his hand through it many times.

"Hey, little man. Do you remember me?" Luca asked, bending down to Jonah's level.

"Yeah! You're that man from yesterday. You were talking to my Mommy." Jonah said,

"That's right. Did she buy you your robot?" He asked,

At the mention of the toy, Jonah's face fell.

"They were all out." He mumbled sadly,

I sighed upset. Last night it took me forever to cheer Jonah up. When we got to the store, we were sadly informed that the toy was sold out. I tried to buy him another one, but he didn't like the rest.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but I have something that'll make you happy again." Luca offered,

I couldn't stop the snort that left my mouth. Luca looked up at me and I looked away.

"This here is a special band. I bought it here for you. You can go on any game you want here for free!" Luca exclaimed, showing Jonah the red band with the mouse on it.

Jonah's face lit up in seconds and he jumped into Luca's arms.

"Thank you so much! You're so cool just like my dad!" Jonah said,

Luca laughed and tied the band around Jonah's small wrist.

I watched as Jonah kissed me goodbye and ran off to play.

Never in my life have I ever seen the boy like that. He hated men. Well, grown men that knew me.

He would run off any man that tried to get close to me no matter who it was, mainly because he thought his father and I were still together. It's the main reason why I'm single. Well, maybe not the main reason, but it's one of the reasons.

But not Luca here apparently.

"Come take a seat." Luca said,

I slid into the booth and watched as he sat down next to me.

Our arms and legs were barely brushing against each other. I shifted a bit further away from him causing him to lowly chuckle.

"So, what do you know so far?" I asked,