Chapter 2- SAMPLE

I woke up the next morning to Jonah jumping and singing on my bed.

I groaned, pulling a pillow over my head as he sang to Go Diego Go's theme song.

"Jonah." I whined,

Last night, I stayed up late finishing Mr. Barlow's plans and trying to figure out a way to help Gracie without my brother finding out which is hard considering they live together and the news just loves to report every goddamn thing.

I rolled out of bed, glaring at Jonah, but he was too busy listening to Diego to notice.

I refreshed my mouth and face before getting into the shower. Once I was done bringing some energy and life into my skin, I stepped out and dried off.

Jonah was still in the room when I stepped out and I got dressed. I wore a light pale yellow shirt, blue skinny jeans, and black pumps.

I took my hair out from its twist that I did every night and let fall down my back.

"Jonah, go get ready. We have places to go." I said, putting on my earrings.

He whined and groaned, reluctantly turning the TV off before going to his room.

I walked to the kitchen and began to make breakfast.

While I was cooking up some bacon, someone knocked on the door.

It was strange for me to get visits especially in the morning.

I walked over to the door and peeked out for the curtain on the side.

"Mateo?" I said out loud and opened the door to reveal my brother.

"Charli, hey." He said and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"I saw you yesterday bro." I wheezed out, patting his chest.

"Sorry." He said and pulled away.

I let him in and closed the door. We walked into the kitchen and I resumed to making breakfast while he leaned against the counter.

"I need your help, Charli." Was how he started off.

I froze, looking up to the window, but didn't turn around.

"What did you do now?" I sighed,

"It's not for me." He said, shaking his head.

I hummed a response and placed the bacon on a plate, eating one now.

I gave him my full attention as I turned around and leaned against the counter.

He took a deep breath before resuming.

"Grace... I know what's happening to her, but she doesn't know. Her professor is a rival of mine. I've asked a friend of mine to keep tabs on him and my friend found out that he's been harassing Grace. I want you to get information out of Grace for me." He said, looking around like a crazy man.

Grace and Mateo. What a pair.

"I think we need to have a talk. With Grace present, of course." I said, straightening up.

"No! She doesn't know that I know! She's trying to protect me by not telling me because she thinks I'd kill the son of a bitch." Mateo said,

After he said that we both shared a look.

"Ok, maybe she has a right from hiding this from me." He muttered,

"Look, I have things to do with Jonah, but I should be done by one in the afternoon. We'll meet at your restaurant and we'll discuss it from there together." I said,