4.

It was now Monday. The rest of the group thought that today, everything would go back to normal. Everyone except Maya and Farkle. Farkle knew today wasn't gonna go very well and Maya, she was planning on avoiding everyone. Even Farkle. It's not that they did something wrong, well Lucas did, but the others wanted her to talk to Lucas again and they dont fully understand why she isn't taking to him. She doesn't want to deal with more people telling her what she should or needs to do, she has the bullies doing that already.

Maya woke up and got ready for school. She wore a long sleeved shirt so no once would see the cuts on her arm. When she was done getting ready for school she left out her bedroom window so that she could avoid her mom and Shawn. She decided that she wouldnt pick up Riley today and that she would just walk straight to school. Once she got to school she went straight to her locker.

-

Riley waited for Maya, but she never showed. She ended up walking to the subway alone. When Riley got onto the subway train, she saw Lucas and Farkle. She walked over to them.

"Hey guys" Riley said.

"Hey Riley" Lucas said, then he looked around.

"Where is Maya?" he said.

"I don't know. She didn't come and pick me up. Maybe she is sick?" Riley responded.

"Yeah. Maybe" Farkle said.

Once the train got to there stop, they got off and they walked to the school. When they got to school they seen Maya at her locker.

"Peaches!" Riley yelled and ran to hug her best friend.

Maya turned to look at Riley and then she was engulfed in a hug. Maya gently pushed Riley off of her and then grabbed her things and went into to Mr. Mathews class without waiting for Riley. Farkle and Lucas were shocked, the would have never thought that Maya would ignore her best friend. As for Riley, you could see the sadness all over her face. Then Zay walked over.

"Hey guys. What happened to her?" Zay said pointing at Riley.

"Maya didn't pick Riley up for school. We though she might have been sick, but she was at her locker when we got here and when Riley went to give Maya a hug, she pushed her off, ignored her, grabbed her things and went to class" Lucas said.

"Hmph. That doesn't sound like Maya. Maybe she has a good reason and she will explain everything later" Zay said. They rest of them nodded and went to there lockers to put there things away and grab what they needed. They met back up and walked into class together and when they did, Maya wasn't in her regular seat. She was all the way in the back corner where no one sat.

"Or maybe not" Zay mumbled walking to his seat.

The others also sat down in there seats and they waited for Mr. Mathews to get there. They really needed todays lesson. When Corey walked in the classroom he stopped and looked around, then continued to his desk.

"Maya, why are you not behind Riley?" He asked.

She shrugged and then looked out the window. She just wanted the day to be over already, but she knew that it was no where near over yet. Corey looked his daughter waiting for an explanation.

"I don't know daddy. She didn't pick me up like she always does and when I went to give her a hug she pushed me off and ignored me" Riley said.

Corey thought about multiple reasons why Maya would do that to her best friend and only one reason really stuck in his mind.

"Ms. Hart, please stay after class" Corey said. She looked at him nodded and then looked back at the window again.

Corey turned to the board and wrote 'Bullying' on the board. Then he turned back to the class. He talked about why people might bully others and what you should you do if you are getting bullied or if you know or see that someone is being bullied. Maya feel uncomfortable about the topic of today's lesson so she distracted herself by drawing.

45 minutes later

The bell rung and Maya grabbed her things and walked to the front of the class where her friends and Corey were waiting for her.