Time For The Change

I woke up in the morning with a strange sense of serenity. I looked down at my bed, prepared to change the tear stained sheets, but they were dry. I walked into the bathroom and started the shower, then slowly backed into the view of the mirror. The dark purple lines were not as deep as they were three days earlier, on Saturday. Today is Monday. I spent the whole weekend listening to music and drawing on my bedroom walls. I forgot how relaxing both of the activities were.

I walked back to the shower and undressed, got in and let the water run over my slim body. I counted my ribs for the thousandth time. Not as dominant as they were before. My stomach seemed more flat than curved inward then before as well. I washed my long hair, and my body, and got out of the shower. As I got dressed, back in my room, I turned on the stereo and listened to the radio. It was still odd to actually listen to someone because i wanted to not 'cause i had no choice but to.

After i finished getting dressed, and pulled a brush through my snarly hair i blow dried it and left the curls down, for school, for the first time in so long. I pulled back my black curtains and looked out at the sunrise. It was 6:45 am and my car was sitting there under a sheet as it has for the last 7 months.

I walked out my bedroom door after slipping on my white leather jacket and my black combat bolts. I haven't worn anything but sweats and sneakers since the 8th grade. today i was wearing black leggings under my violet sweater dress and a gold belt. I still cant talk, but i can feel slight vibrations coming from my vocal chords.

I stepped outside into the warm November breeze. It was strangely cooler outside today. I walked over to my '79 Jeep Wrangler Chevy, that my dad bought me last summer before he went back into the service. It looked brand new, even though it hasn't been used in a while. I climbed into the drivers seat and pressed down the brake. For some odd reason it felt good. I put the key in the ignition and turned. The engine roared to life instantly, then quieted down to a steady purr. I looked at the gas gage, full tank. I pulled out of the driveway and headed to school. Well, this is gonna be an interesting day, i thought to myself and, surprisingly i smiled. It felt nice to be in a good mood for once.