Hanging the Mistletoe

Summary: When Grillby hangs up the mistletoe, Frisk decides to play a little game. Gender neutral titles for Frisk.

Frisk entered Grillby's with a Santa hat balancing on their head. It was an exciting morning, filled with lots of decorating and preparing for Christmas. Christmas . . . wow, Frisk couldn't believe it was here. They thought they'd be home by now . . . not that they didn't want to spend this Christmas with the monsters they now considered family, but . . .

Grillby waved at Frisk when they entered, his smile warming Frisk to the bone. Ha! They'd have to share that one with Sans later.

"Hey, Frisk," Grillby greeted them when they sat at the counter. "Busy day?"

Frisk nodded, hands grabbing for a glass of milk. Grillby chuckled and handed Frisk the glass and gave them some chocolate chip cookies, just because. Frisk thanked him and munched on some cookies, occasionally dipping the little chocolate chip goodies in the white milk. Their face warmed in gratitude and a small smile, barely noticeable, graced their lips.

While Frisk snacked, Grillby pulled out another glass so he could clean it, but before he got the chance, something fell to the floor.

"Oh my," he tutted, "how could I have forgotten?"

Frisk looked at him questioningly. Grillby pulled up a green leafy thing and waved it around. "How on earth had I missed hanging up the mistletoe?"

Frisk brightened visibly. "Want to help me hang it up?" Grillby asked them. They nodded excitedly and followed Grillby to the front door. Grillby pulled over a chair and Frisk clambered up, standing as tall as their little legs could stretch, mistletoe in hand. Grillby chuckled and raised Frisk up higher by their waist, causing the small child to giggle happily as he stood up on the chair.

Frisk held up the mistletoe and wrapped the string carefully around a protruding nail. Then Grillby set Frisk on the floor gently, climbing down after them and putting the chair back. "Alright, back to work," Grillby whistled as he walked back to the counter.

Frisk smiled as he left, glancing back at the plant hanging over the door. Suddenly they got an idea.

And wow, was it a good one.

*/\*

Papyrus and Sans walked into Grillby's, Papyrus loudly exclaiming his arrival. Sans just smiled at his brother as they walked inside together, the winter chill easing from their bones once the warm air rushed them. Sans chuckled a little at his own joke and dusted off the snow from his shoulders.

"WHY HELLO HUMAN!" Papyrus said gleefully as he lifted the small human child in his arms. Frisk giggled and whispered something in his "ear". "WHAT?! W-WELL, I MEAN, I LIKE YOU TOO. PLATONICALLY, OF COURSE."

And then Frisk planted a smooch on Papyrus's bony cheek, making the skeleton blush deep red. He set Frisk on the floor and smiled happily, putting his hands to his cheeks as a warm glow made his eyes sparkle.

When Sans gave Frisk a questioning look, they pointed up at the top of the door frame, a sprig of mistletoe hanging from a nail. And then Frisk was kissing Sans, too, lightly pecking his cheek as they whispered that they loved Sans, merry Christmas. Sans felt his own cheeks warm in the affection and he smiled lazily down at the child. "Merry Christmas, kiddo."

Not two minutes later, and Undyne came crashing through the door, Alphys not far behind. "MERRY CHRISTMAS, YOU LOSERS!" Undyne cackled. Alphys gave a nervous, "M-merry C-C-Christmas, every-everybody."

"HELLO, UNDYNE!" Papyrus smiled. "FRISK HAS A SURPRISE FOR YOU!"

"You do, punk?" Undyne smiled, revealing her sharp fangs. Frisk quickly placed a kiss on Undyne's cheek, the aquatic monster blushing instantly. "Wh-what the--"

They did the same to Alphys, who stuttered her way through an unintelligible sentence. When asked why the affections, Frisk pointed yet again at the door frame, the mistletoe swinging gently in the breeze from the open doorway.

"You know what this means, right?" Undyne planted a kiss on Sans's and Papyrus's cheeks, then on Frisk's, and finally on Alphys's, lingering for just a tad longer on the reptilian monster.

*/\*

Frisk's game of "kissing under the mistletoe" continued in the same fashion with all the monsters to walk through Grillby's door. Dogaressa and Dogamy were smooching as they entered, and Frisk barely got a kiss in edgewise before they resumed with one another. Toriel was delighted to get a kiss from Frisk, and returned it with her own (as well as a slice of snail pie). Flowey (stuck in a pot until further notice) was outraged that Frisk kissed his cheek, but blushed and allowed them to do it. Asgore and MK entered at the same time, Frisk pecking both on the cheek and giggling while saying merry Christmas. Napstablook and Mettaton also entered together, Blooky's face brightening and blushing instantly upon the contact and Mettaton basking in his greatness.

As the monsters came and went, Frisk flirting and kissing everyone that came, the diner seemed just a bit more warmer.

And Christmas seemed just a bit more jollier.