Chapter 4

"Uhm..." I didn't know what to say, it wasn't expected. I sighed and shook my head.

"I'm fine, lets hangout. What do you want to do?" I quickly changed the topic, I could feel my cheeks go red.

"We could go out and watch a movie or something?" Michael put in, everyone nods and we all walk out the door. I walk out the door last to lock the door, when I turn around, I find Michael right behind me.

"God! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I laugh it off and smile at him, receiving a smile back.

"C'mon babe lets go!" Babe? Babe? That's what couples call each other, not friends calling each other that. I shrugged it off, not thinking twice about it.

*************

"What's this movie called again?" I asked curiously.

"Sweetest Dreams I think, it's supposed to be a horror movie." Luke handed me a box of candy, I took another glance at it and saw it was my favorite candy, Juicy Twists.

"You still remember?" I held up the box of candy, the box was exactly the same as it was six years ago.

"Course I did! You would never stop bugging Mom about buying you some when we were kids." I smile at the memory, it made me get butterflies, knowing he still remembers the slightest things that happened in our childhood.

"Theater twelve!" Michael shouts and runs inside. The rest of the boys run inside, leaving me behind. I didn't have the energy to run. I kept walking, almost at the theater.

****************

There weren't that many people inside, I could see the boys at the very top, already shoving popcorn and candy into their mouths. I walk up the stairs and take a seat next to Luke.

"Here." I hand him another bucket of popcorn.

"What? It's your popcorn." I shake my head and put it in his hands.

"I don't want it, I don't really eat during movies, don't want to miss something do I?" I force a small laugh sit back in my chair. Luke stares at me for a couple seconds, but continues to eat his popcorn.

The movie actually wasn't that bad. The boys flinched a little at some jump scares but nothing major, I didn't really have that much emotion for the movie though.

"Dessy? How the fuck do you no emotion? It seemed kinda scary for your type." Calum nudged my shoulder, making me take a few steps back.

"I've seen these types of movies all the time. I've seen it all before."

"What do you want to do now? It's kind of dark now, that movie was really long." Michael points out. I check my phone, already almost six and it was already dark outside.

"Lets just go home and play video games." Calum suggests. 

"Anything to get home.." I mutter. 

********************

"You know what Michael? Fuck you!" Calum throws the controller at Michael's face and storms off.

"He always does that when he doesn't win." Michael starts laughing throws the controller back to where Calum was sitting before.

"Hey, I'm going to go out for a walk. Get some fresh air, I'll see you later?" Luke jumps up from the couch and grabs my arm.

"Can I come with?" I look at him confused, but nod. 

"Sure, yeah, you can." I finally get out.

"Guys! Dessy and I are going out for a few!" Luke shouts before leaving the house.

"Where are we going to walk?" Luke asks.

"The bridge, I like going there, it's peaceful." I sigh. I really wanted to be alone, being with all these people were making me feel worse than usual.

"Don't worry, it's not that far." I assure Luke. Luke laughs and pats my back.

"Remember when you would always go out and pretend to go on adventures at the bridge?" I raise and eyebrow.

"I remember the bridge, but remember when we would go out there?" I take a few seconds to think and a rush of memoires flow through my brain.

"I remember now, Mom would be so pissed at us, telling us we could fall into the lake or break our necks or some shit. It was hilarious." I laugh at the memory and bump into Luke.

"Why don't we go on an adventrure now?" I shake my head and start to walk faster.

"Why not?" Luke's voice had a hint of sadness, making me feel slightly guilty, but I quickly rub it off.

"That's in the past, I don't go on 'adventures' anymore." I put air quotes around adventures. 

"What do you usually do now then?" Luke asks, I sigh, not wanting to think about it.

"I sit around all day and scroll through Tumblr, I live the life don't I?" I reply jokingly. Sometimes my comebacks are witty, I mentally high five myself, even though I found that on Tumblr too.

************************

"What do you to while you're here?" Luke doesn't seem to shut up for more than two seconds.

"I think."

"And..." Luke moves his hands in a circle motion, trying to get me to keep talking.

"I daydream. It's peaceful here, no noises, just the sound of the wind going through the trees. When I'm here, I have no stress, no worries, I feel fine here. I feel free, like I could actually do anything."

"Define 'anything'." Luke continues to keep talking, my patience is going down the drain.

"I can't really explain it, I just know, that when I'm here, I'm happy." I smile and look at the view. The blue river, the trees hovering, the stars and moon shining from above.

"It's still the same as when we were kids." Luke points out. I nod, agreeing with him.

"That's another reason why I love it so much here, it's still the same from when I was always happy."

"Why aren't you happy like you were before." Luke wraps an arm around me, pulling me in close.

"It's a story meant for another day." I answer him, I didn't want to tell him my story now.

"Tell me later?" He asks, I guess he really wants to hear why I'm so fucked up.

"Okay." I start to play with my fingers and traces them along the bridges screws.

"We should get going, shouldn't we?" 

"I guess so, but just let me enjoy this for a couple more minutes."

This is where I'm going to die. A place where I felt happy.

FINALLY UPDATED AND THE NEXT COUPLE CHAPTERS WILL BE A LITTLE INTENSE SO PREPARE AND YES I CHANGED THE COVER AND I MADE IT MYSELF DO YOU LIKE IT