Chapter 4: Mind Reader

School was almost over and the only class I had left was art. As the bell rang ending ninth period everyone flooded into the halls as they left to go to their next class. I was the first student in the art room and choose a group desk in the back to sit at. As everyone else came into the room they all had a friend to sit next to. I sat in the very back feeling alone since I knew none of the people in the room. Just before Ms. Cam began was about to start teaching, a boy entered the room and stopped suddenly before coming to the back and sitting next to me. He said his name was Rune and that he was a freshman too since everything except homeroom is with different grade leveled students. After Rune and I talked for a few minutes Mr. Cam continued to teach, first doing attendance and then letting us start a project of our choice. I don't know why, but I had a strange feeling about Rune. One he said he came over to me because it looked like I felt lonely when I was trying to look happy as can be. Two, how did he know I was feeling lonely when he just walked in and looked at me. "How did you know I was feeling lonely?" I said to Rune really confused. "Oh yeah, about that I can read minds." He said so casually it was scary. At that second the bell rang ending the school day and I didn't waste any time getting my book bag and leaving. I left and went straight to the park to think about everything that happened today so fast that I completely forgot that I didn't wait for Storm like she had asked ninth period. I felt so bad that my first real friend that I made, I ditched. I planned to apologize to Storm tomorrow for what I did as I left for home before my parents freaked out about where I was like they usually did when I didn't come straight home. When I got home I put my book bag away and went to set the table for dinner since we usually had very early dinners and were open late in the bakery. I think today went well for my first day of school and I can't wait till tomorrow.