Prologue

My name is Ivy Johnson and I am normal. More normal than anyone else in the entire world. 

My life, unlike that of a novel or a movie, is nothing out of the ordinary and nothing interesting ever happens to me. Day in day out, I experience the same things, the same feelings, the same people, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Living a drama free life is like eating freezer burnt pizza, uneventful and bland, but it still makes you happy. That is what my life is like for me. Sure, maybe sometimes I would like to experience the drama of a cliche novel teenager, but deep down I will always be content with having friends that don't betray me, a boyfriend that is loyal and a monotonous school career. 

My life is perfect just the way it is and that is how it's going to stay.

Or at least I thought...

The second my senior year came along, everything that I had built and formed and coexisted with fell apart and my perfect life suddenly lacked its perfectness. School became unbearable and my once stable relationships crumbled before my very eyes. Nothing that was presented to me seemed worth it anymore and I began to question everything that I had ever been certain about. As my perfect image tore down around me, I wondered if I would ever relish in a bit of normality again, if i would ever feel the happiness of monotony engulf me ever again, if I would ever pick up the broken pieces...

My name is Ivy Johnson and I am a flipped switch...