Prologue

"When you go through deep waters I will be with you."

   "Oh, Hello." a voice rings through my head. A white room with a locked door, sounds pleasant. "Evie, Do you know why you are here?" It rings through my head again. Looking around, there is no one other than myself.
   Looking up, there is a speaker installed right next to the window. Pleasant place to put a window, blocking the sun and in the ceiling. Pleasant people, brilliant really.
   "Evie, hello. Do you know why you are here?" the voice asks again. I find my voice, nd attempt to say something. "I do not know, but I suppose you will be telling me?" a voice that is not mine speaks.
   I do not know where the voice came from, but I do know it just can not possibly be mine. She does, in fact, tell me why I have been brought to this locked white room. And not very nicely, either.
   "You need mental help. You attempted to kill many people at a resturant, and attempted suicide. Now, if you could, stand up and wait to be accompanied by educated professionals to your new, permanent home?" she tells me.
   Mental help? I actually attempted to kill people? Dude that is amazing, like seriously. My old self would have been to afraid to even touch a gun or knife!
   I stood, pulled out of my thoughts by two men who had pinned my arms to my side, all while I was struggling against them.
   "Um, excuse me. Before you, uh- kindly drag me to my room; could you maybe tell me your names?" I asked, looking up at one of them. Looking down at me, he grasps my arm tighter.
   "No? Okay Im cool with that." and soon we were at a metal door that only opened with a huge key. I was brought to the end of a hall and shoved into a room.
   Slamming the door shut and locking it, they walked calmly toward the door. "Thank you for carefully shoving me into this hellhole!" I yelled after them, holding onto the metal bars.
   "It seems very- peaceful here!" and looked around the room. There was no one else in my cell, as I had seen many others sharing. Seems cool.
   There was a guy about my age across from me, and looking up from his book he said "They don't talk, never have never will." and continued to read.
   I sighed and looked at the ceiling, searching for anything I could use to get out of here. Holding the bars again, I looked at him. "Why are we here?" I asked. "Do I know you? Who am I? Why am I so confused?" questions flowed from my mouth, as if it were a river.
   "You, are Evie. As it says on that name tag on the top of your door. It also says you are here for attempting suicide and murder. You are confused because they take most memories from you when they go through tests trying to figure out why you did what you did. For you, I suppose it was jealousy. You didn't have parents, no friends-"
   I cut him of with another question. "Well then who are you?" with a surprised glance at his book, he set it down and walked to his bars, wrapping his hands around them.
   "Hunter Rowland. Nice to meet you, by the way. Im seventeen. How old are you?" he asked. I was eighteen, and proud.
   "Fifteen!" I let out, glad he was talking to me. "Well, that's cool. Now leave me be." Oh.