forty-one

"Going over to Niall's?" Desmond asked, catching Harry before he could leave the house.

Harry stopped at the front door, turning and looking at his father who he hadn't seen sitting there on the couch.

"Um, no. Just out with a friend for a bit." He said, hoping his father didn't walk to the window and see Zayn parked in the driveway.

"I'll be back before too late. I promise." Harry said.

"Okay. Be careful." Desmond sighed, going back to reading the paper.

Harry quickly left the house, going out and getting into Zayn's car.

"Ready for this spectacular date?" Zayn smiled.

"Dunno if I've ever heard you use that word." Harry chuckled.

"You look great, by the way." Zayn said, backing out of the driveway.

"You too." Harry said quietly, his eyes trailing over what Zayn was wearing.

No matter what Zayn wore he looked perfect.

"I'm glad we're doing this. I could really use a break." Harry admitted.

"Need to talk about anything?" Zayn asked.

"No, not really. I've just been stressed with this case and everything."

"Hm. Anybody...bother you at that party last night?" Zayn asked casually.

Well, he was trying to be casual.

"Bother me?" Harry frowned.

"Hit on you." Zayn clarified.

Harry looked at him, slowly smiling. "Yeah. Why?"

"Who was it?" Zayn asked, glancing at him.

"Dunno. Some drunk girl. Why?"

"A girl?" Zayn frowned.

"I went as a guy, Zayn. Remember?" Harry asked.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry." Zayn said, shaking his head.

Harry chuckled. "So what if I was hit on? I'm yours. You don't have to worry."

"I know." Zayn smiled.

"So...for now you're just waiting? Like....case wise?"

"Yeah. Waiting on...whoever's coming to the academy." Harry sighed.

"Well why stress then? There's nothing you can do but wait." Zayn said.

"You're right." Harry said.

"Just relax and let me charm you." Zayn smiled.

"Okay." Harry chuckled.

Luckily, while out Zayn and Harry didn't see anyone they knew, so they didn't have to hide.

They held hands during the film, and even a little during dinner.

It was the perfect evening, and Harry expected to end it with a goodnight kiss followed by the two talking on the phone all night after they were both home.

But...things went a little differently than that.

They were tangled up in the back seat of the car, the windows fogged up and the radio on as background noise.

Both of them had lost their shirts, and Zayn's jeans were unbuttoned thanks to Harry, who was now straddling his lap.

Zayn pulled their bodies together, not really thinking as he kissed and sucked on Harry's neck, turned on by his soft moans.