Chapter 8

Suzette really wasn't one for moping. But breaking away from Lex hurt. And it hurt a lot. So she was spending a lot of time with Clark, much to the dismay of Lois.

---

Day three of hanging out with Clark and Lois. Clark had gone out to get pizza and Suzette and Lois were quietly watching a sitcom. Lois kept sighing and Suzette looked over to her.

"Something wrong, Lois?" Suzette asked.
"No." said Lois passive-aggressively.
"Aw c'mon, you can tell me. We're friends right?" Suzette prodded.

Lois stood suddenly, throwing her hands up.

"For gods sake, that's what this is about! NO! We're not friends. I hate you! Clark doesn't pay me any attention anymore and it's because of you. I want you out of our lives! Go cry about your psychopath boyfriend to somebody else. I don't care and neither does Clark." Lois ranted.

Suzette's blood ran cold. She fought back tears as she backed away from Lois. She grabbed the doorknob.

"I'm sorry, I really am." Suzette opened the door and ran out, not bothering to close it behind her.

---

Suzette shouldn't have been here. Lex Luthor didn't want her, yet here she was, at his front door.

She took a deep breath and knocked. After a minute or two, Lex opened the door.

"Suzette? Hello..." he said, eyeing her carefully.
"Hi...I know you don't want me here, but Clark and Lois don't like me anymore. And I'm just kind of lonely. And I know I'm your employee, but I miss your friendship. I miss you..." Suzette looked him right in the eyes.
"...Lex."