Their Past, Our Beginning

-------------------------Frisk------------------------

A Year After The Events Of A Pacifist Run

The wind blew my hair into my face, but I simply pushed it behind my ear. I took in a deep breath, taking in the smell of the freshly mowed grass along with it. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up.
"You alright kid?" Sans asked. I gave him a sad smile.
"Yeah," I said turning back to the grave. "I just miss them."
"Yeah," He scratched the back of his head. "Honestly Frisk, I didn't even know you had a sibling." I gave a small chuckle.
"A lot of people didn't, and those who did thought they ran away a long time ago."
"Yeah, but instead that as-" It took one glance from me to make him stop mid-sentence. "I meant jerk. Yeah jerk." I sighed.
"You're not wrong Sans, but you're not completely right either." I looked back at the gave stone. "My mother's, my biological mother, sick. She has been for a long time. I tried to help them, but I couldn't, and because of it," I motioned to the stone. "this happened."
"You can't blame yourself for this Frisk."
"I know." I felt tears start to weld up in my eyes. "It's just that, they always begged me to run away. That's all they wanted, they said we could go somewhere nicer, somewhere we could be safe. But I always told them no. You know why? Because I knew my mother needed help, she needed help. So we couldn't leave her, not before we were able to help her."
"Sounds like something Papyrus would do." I smiled.
"It does, doesn't?" I laughed, it was a mixture of a sad laugh and genuine laugh. Sans smiled, and turned back to the grave stone.
"I can't believe no one found them until now."
"Yep. After my mother..." I lost my breath. I couldn't get the words out. I just couldn't. "Afterwards, my mother buried Jamie in the backyard. No one even thought twice about Jamie disappearing." The tears were now streaming down my face. Almost like I was in Waterfall again.
"I'm...I'm sorry Frisk. I know that doesn't cut it, but I'm sorry."
"It's ok." I lied, "It's ok." I tried to hold in a cry, but it escaped. After that it just came flooding out. Sans pulled me into a hug, and refused to let go. I sobbed into his jacket, my fist held tightly around the edges. "It's my fault. It's my fault! I should have just ran away with them! I should have-"
"Shh, it's ok Frisk. You're ok. Everything's ok."
"No. Its not! It's..."
"Just breath Frisk. Just breath." We stood there, for what felt like forever. Finally my breaths became longer, my body slowly stop shaking.
"I'm sorry." I mumbled.
"There's nothing to be sorry about kid. Absolutely nothin'."
"You know they died protecting me." I just barely saw him look down at me in shock from corner of my eye.  "Yep, my mother was coming after me, when Jamie got back from the store. They didn't even hesitate to step between us."
"Sounds like Jamie was very brave."
"They were." I stood there for about another minute hugging him before I finally pushed away from him, turning back to Jamie's stone. "You know, I actually continued to stay with my mother for three more years before being there without Jamie became to much."
"Is that when you climbed Mt. Ebott?" I nodded. After that neither of us talked. We just stood there over Jamie's grave.
"I'm glad they were finally able to get a proper burial."
"Yeah." Again silences. Sans was the one to break this one though. "Kid, I've been meaning to ask you something." I looked up at him. "Why did you ask me to come with you? I mean I'm honor that you trust me with this, but why not Tori, or Papyrus? He's always been better with things like this."
"Well...Mom's always great to talk too," I said sheepishly. "And Papyrus is always supportive, but..."
"But?" I turned back to the grave.
"But I don't think they'll fully get what I'm going through. Not like you. Do you know what I mean?" I turned back just in time to see his eyes. His pupils were gone and there was nothing but a black abyss in his eye sockets. I've only seen those once or twice before, and they were terrifying. But I only saw them for a second before he closed his eyes, still not sure how he did that, and he shook his head. When he opened his eyes again his pupils were back.
"Yeah." He said calmingly. "Yeah, I think I know what you mean." He gave me his huge grin and I smiled back in response.
"Thanks for coming with me Sans."
"No problem kid. And if you ever need to talk, I'm always here."
"Thanks Sans."
------------------------Jamie-----------------------