Falling

I breathed in the fresh meadow air. As I opened my eyes I was greeted with the site of tall green grass, with flowers spread out hiding between the blades, and looming above it all were miniature cliffs making out the top of nature's version of a skyscraper. Mt. Ebott. The legendary mountain that hides the monster race underground, if you believe the old stories that is. But more importantly it's the mountain where so many people had gone missing, never to be seen again. I hoped to join those lost souls. I glanced down at the town, for the last time. It was just a matter of finding a good place to disappear.
  It didn't take long for me to find a small cave on the side of a cliff. I walked inside to find a giant gaping hole. I felt my shoulders drop slightly, whether it was with relief or something else I couldn't tell. This would do. It took about two steps for my toes to be just barely dangling over the edge. It wouldn't be much longer now. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a folded up picture. I smiled sadly as I unfolded it and saw Frisk. Frisk looked so happy, their eyes shut tight because of how big they were smiling, they were balancing on their toes and holding a stick in their hand. They loved playing with sticks, when asked why they always gave the same respond. "Most toys leave a limit on what you can do with them, but not sticks. Sticks leave so much room for the imagination." I suppose it was good that they preferred sticks over regular toys, it's not like we had enough money to but some anyway. I felt my eyes start to water as I quietly laughed.
  "Don't worry Frisk," I murmured. "I'll be there soon." I folded the picture back up and place it in my pocket. I looked down the bottomless pit. Funny, I wasn't really scared of the final part of the process, I was actually looking forward to it, it was this next part of I was terrified of. I've always hated waiting. I took a breath and shook the fear off.
  "It'll be easier if I turn around." I turn and felt my feet struggling to keep weight off my heels, naturally instinct I guess. "Here we go." I leaned back and lost touch with the ground. There was nothing left but darkness.