Chapter 1: Lightston

October 18th, 2012.

My family and I are on a 5 hour trip to a small town called Lightston, where my sister, Ally's wedding is being held tomorrow afternoon. We'll be staying there overnight.

"Our Pegasus are getting tired. Their wings aren't fully grown yet, so they have to take breaks from flying every few hundred miles." . . . Sadly, we weren't riding Pegasus when I woke up.

We arrive in Lightston, at the top of Historic state.

My biological father lives here, I hardly get to see him, it's kind of awkward when I do see him. But I always miss him when I leave.

I've never called him dad before.

"Someday I will."  I hope. "Maybe if I wasn't so shy."

We arrive at my sister, ally's house. I unpack my bags, along with the rest of my family.

I tuck myself in with my stuffed animal unicorn, Fusion, who I've had since my seventh birthday.

"How will I contain my nervousness tomorrow. I've never been a bridesmaid before. What if I fall flat on my face in the middle of the ceremony from tripping on. . . Air? Or if I burst into tears because my sister and her boyfriend are becoming one? I'm happy for them though, I wish somebody loved me enough to swear to both our family and friends that they'll deal with my crap until I die. How Cute is that?"  I think to myself, as I fall fast asleep.

The next day I wake up to my whole family rushing me to get ready to leave. I have no idea what is going on, and at this point, I'm too tired to care. I get my things together quickly, and still in my pajamas, leave for the Church. As soon as I walk in the door, I'm rushed to a room with three ladies I've never met before. One strips me butt-naked. "Uhm, I could have done that myself!" I shout in my head.

One lady does my makeup, one does my hair, while the other dresses me.

"I feel so violated. They didn't ask to touch me. They didn't ask to strip my clothes off!" I think to myself as they continue to violate me.

We practice walking back and forth down the aisle, waiting while we practice the ceremony.

It's finally here. I walk down the aisle arm to arm with this guy I don't even know. "Just breathe. Don't die. Don't faint. keep calm!" I think to myself.

I can see my sister and her father walking down the aisle, smiling, ready to marry the man she loves. "I'm going to laugh when she falls on her face." I think to myself.

Watching her stand there, at the altar. So beautiful, her white dress is just barely long enough to covor her bright orange Converse. "I can't believe I'm related to her. What kind of person in their right mind, makes all the bridesmaids and groomsmen wear bright converse. Oh well, at least I had an excuse for mom to buy me new shoes." I think to myself.

The bridesmaid behind me whispers, "Your brother, Tye is hot."

"Of all thing to say in the middle of a wedding ceremony." I think to myself.

And then I hear the wedding vows from my new brother, "Well, Ally, you are the soy-sause to my rice."

Everybody bursts out laughing.

"This seems to be a very screwed up wedding." I think.

Later on when my sister is getting ready to leave, she pulls up her dress. And there it is, of all the things to wear under your wedding dress, ON YOUR WEDDING DAY, "Basketball shorts, really?" I think to myself.