"huh"

josh was finishing setting up his makeup on his dresser. his roomate mark was changing his shirt, telling josh his friend would be coming over.
"okay," josh replied just as he put the last bag on the table. he moved to the corner and sat in a short chair he brought from home. there he sat for a while on his instagram. suddenly the door burst open and a boy walked in. he seemed the same age, 19. josh looked up from his phone and looked at the kid who came into his room. he wore a blue jacket over a black tshirt, paired with black skinny jeans and vans. on his head sat a black snapback.

"hey !! whats up man?" mark yelled excitedly. the boy smiled and walked over to him to engage in a hug.

"ah nothing nothing."

"tyler, you wont believe this-" mark stopped as he noticed tyler moved to inspect the makeup products on the dresser.
he pawed at a bottle of foundation then knocked it over with his finger.

"what, you got a bitch over or something?"
tyler asked looking at mark.
josh spoke up from his spot in the corner.
"um actually it's mine."

tyler looked over at the boy he obviously did not notice was in the room. he gave him a once over with his eyes then make a "huh" noise. tyler looked back at the make up then moved on. josh kept his gaze set on the boy but returned to his scrolling.

'huh'
was that approval? josh wasnt sure, but that wasnt the last "huh" josh heard from him.

            the boy, tyler, returned at least once a week to talk to mark, and to "huh" at josh's possessions, which didn't make him feel very special at all.
tyler seemed like quite the catch, though. brown eyes, fluffy, brown hair, and a killer jawline. god, if josh could give tyler a makeover, he'd look like an angel in the flesh.
josh had started to fantasize about tyler, and wondering what he'd look like with makeup had quickly turned into what tyler would look like naked. he tried not to think on it too much, but he couldn't contain himself from doing so. maybe someday he would have his chance at actually getting some words across to him. but for now it's just huh.

==

        about a month later, josh found himself in the corner of the dorm again as mark threw a party. not only was it a crowded college party with people he didn't know, it also consisted of the one and only tyler joseph.
when tyler walked in, josh automatically looked up. as if it were a sixth sense he had, josh knew tyler came in at that moment.
however, tyler quickly found josh too. their eyes met. they scanned each other with their eyes.

they did that a lot. eyeing each other up and down, inspections and overviews.

tyler nodded. approval, josh suspected. at least that is what josh wanted. approval, from tyler. it did not cross his mind that that nod meant tyler would go in for the kill. 

not much longer tyler had become very drunk and josh had witnessed this. shots of vodka and red cups filled with beer and other forms of alcohol. all consumed by the just under legal drinking aged boy.

        josh viewed the party from his corner. previously mark had informed josh about the get-together.

"hey man listen."

josh had looked up from his book he was studying.

"i'm thinking about throwing a party," mark informed him, as he rested his left hand on josh's desk, stretching the right in the air. he looked terrible, josh noted, consumed by a faint smell of alcohol radiating off his roomate.
"thoughts?"

josh nodded and gave mark his permission, knowing that even if he said no, the party would still happen and he would still be sitting here in his corner again.

thinking back on it, josh would have jumped at the thought of a party. hell, he would have hung streamers if he knew this would happen.

         just then he was interupted. interrupted by tyler.

"hey baby boy." his words slurred. josh felt his face heat up. tyler held his cup in one hand and wrapped his opposite arm around josh's shoulder.
"what's good?"

josh wasn't sure if he should reply or not. tyler spoke again before he could.

"huh? how's it going with you ba-"
tyler hiccupped and josh pulled back a bit.

he knew tyler was drunk. he weighed the pros and cons.

well, he thought,  he is intoxicated but still. maybe this is my chance.

"i'm doing okay. are you enjoying the party?" josh asked, biting his lip as he watched tyler.

"mmm, now that you're here, yeah..." tyler slurred as he winked at josh, as josh felt his face heat up.

"hah, that's, uh, very nice of you, tyler." josh nodded.
he was really ready to leave this party, go to the library to study or something, but for some reason tyler gave him a reason to stay. he felt this was his chance.