Chapter 2-Cry Your Heart Out

Hey

I'm back again now it's sunny in my mind,

And I don't miss the rain, used to feel it all the time.

Put away my troubles, left 'em all behind,

Now ev'ry time I look up, clear blue skies.

Now here you come again like a cloud in my view,

Blocking all of my light, like, only you could do.

You try to say sorry, girl, drop it, drop it,

You really need to stop it,

I wanna change the topic now.

Cos every time we end up in the same silly situation,

And you did you really think that you could walk, and I'd be here with ya?

Your turn, to cry your heart out,

Let me stop before you start out,

Don't need your explanations no,

Cos I don't really wanna know, about,

The way you're feeling now,

Cos you're the one who, called time out,

So go, and you can cry your heart out.

Cry Your Heart Out ~ Olly Murs

***

For the first time since I found that thick, beautiful piece of paper in my lingerie drawer next to the cheap camera, I had thought the name that haunted my dreams. And for the first time since I'd fled that apartment in tears, I looked upon the face of the man that I had once loved completely, with all my being.

And for the first time since that same day, I spoke that name out loud.

"Edward," I whispered, covering my mouth with one hand.

"Bella," he whispered, sounding just as shocked as I was.

Then reality reared its ugly head.

I was acting like I cared for Edward - I forced the name through my mind - still, but I didn't. I hated him. Completely.

"Excuse me," I said, forcing my voice into something steadier and more neutral, although it still shook. "I need to go."

"Bella, wait," Edward murmured.

"What?" I snapped, turning around to face him. "What? Are you going to try and rip me into pieces again? Are you going to try and pretend that you didn't do what you did? We are done, Edward Cullen. We have been for years. I hate you. I hate you, and there is nothing you can do to change that."

I ignored Edward's tortured expression as I turned promptly on my heel and fled from the hall, heading back towards my office. I couldn't believe that I had met today not only Esme, but also Edward. I supposed that it was Edward driving Esme to and from the hospital, but that didn't mean I liked it any more.

I flung myself into my chair and shut my office door, before burying my face in my hands as tears seeped through my closed eyes. I had no idea why I was so upset by our encounter. I could have understood it if I was just pissed, but I was also heartbreakingly, horribly sad. I ached inside. My heart ached. I hated it.

I hated him.

***

"Bella, what the fuck is wrong with you?" Rosalie asked as I sat in her garden during her monthly barbecue. Rosalie had befriended me soon after my breakup with Edward, and she and I had become very good friends. Usually, during the barbecue she and her husband, Emmett, arranged, I'd drink, maybe get a bit drunk, and have a fucking great time. Today, I was sitting there beside Eric, brooding as I thought over the events of the morning.