i

Her name was Jamie Madison. She was moving today. Away from her one source of comfort amongst everyone else, Thomas Jefferson.

Everyone resented her as the weird kid who moved to Virginia from California, not Thomas. Thomas saw her as just quiet, not getting out of her comfort zone often.

And now she was moving. It had been two years since she met Thomas, both were going into fourth grade.

She shook when she saw him for the last time, tears taking over her brown eyes. "I'll... I'll see you again, Jefferson! I swear!" She then hugged him, gripping the back of his dark magenta shirt tightly.

Thomas gave her a tight hug back, actually tearing up a bit seeing as though she felt hot drops of whatever on her back. "And I'll look for you when I get older. Old enough to move to New York. We'll be together forever!" He leaned back and gave her that bright grin that she saw every day.

They pinky swore on it. They would see eachother again when Jefferson turned nineteen, and probably meet by chance.

And now here she was now.

His name was James Madison, previously Jamie Madison. He had kept tracks of when Thomas turned nineteen, that was a week ago. He hadn't heard from him just yet.

"He wouldn't even recognize me anyways! Because, guess what, I'm not the Jamie he used to know, I'm James. I look so different from back then and..." Madison groaned loudly in the resturant, head dropping onto the table, his friend Aaron Burr patting his back.

"Mads, it's going to be okay. You have a lot of other friends, anyways. Nothing's gonna hurt if he doesn't come." He reassured, still patting his friend's back in a rhythmic matter, humming a quiet song.

Madison wasn't reassured. Hasn't been for a week now. But, he lifted his head, wiping the beginnings of tears on his face and stood up.

"We payed already, and now we're leaving." He began to walk, until he ran into someone near the door. He jumped back immediately, going to get a good look at his face. He paused when he saw him.

A face he remembered incredibly well. Dark brown eyes he wanted to stare into for what could be an eternity for all he cared. The hair truly gave it away, poofy and curly and just big, James remembered it all too well.

"Ah, sorry sir, didn't look where I was going, are you alright?" The voice sounded the same, just the right amount of sarcasm but some genuine concern in it. Madison melted at the sound of it, theoretically, of course.

He even dressed like how Jefferson already did, magenta. A magenta suit, a starking contrast to his own grey attire. He was shaking at this point.

"It's... it's fine!" He laughed just a tad, shuffling away from Thomas.

The taller looked at him weirdly before laughing, "You're a strange man. I like you!" Madison flinched at that. This was Thomas saying that. Thomas. Fucking. Jefferson.

He ran. Ran away from the other as quick as he could. Tears were already coming out of his eyes. Nothing hit him this hard before, until Thomas fucking Jefferson, of course!

He rubbed his eyes. He heard the yells of Burr and Jefferson from behind him. It didn't matter. Jefferson didn't need to know who he was, it would be fine. Everything would be fine. Nothing would happen between them and he would not be heartbroken. Never.