Chapter 3

Irene sips on her coffee as she continues typing her report, even though she wasn’t too focused on it.

“Unnie, how do you solve this?” her little sister asks, handing her book and pen over.

Irene takes a quick glance at the problem; she easily solves the problem without much effort despite it looking like another language instead of a math equation.

“But how-“ the red head said in awe as she took her book back.

“You would know if you weren’t staring at Saeron all the time”

A sudden thumping sound comes from under the table and opposite it, muffled giggles.

“Joohyun unnie!” the highschooler whines.

“But it’s true, Saeronnie” Seulgi manages to say between giggles.

Saeron puffs up her cheeks and rests her head on the table, face down.

The other three just laugh and continue their work, Yeri putting her arm around the sulking girl’s waist to help her calm down.

After a few minutes of silence, Irene speaks, the statement startling the bear beside her.

“I met another Wendy yesterday…” The girl says nonchalantly, the tiles on her keyboard clicking with every letter she types.

“What do you mean ‘another Wendy’?” The bear looks away from her sketchbook; an assignment long overdue.

“This new girl, she’s cool, calm and confident. Even though she hasn’t met me yet, she acted like she has” she finally stops typing, tearing her eyes away from the screen. “It kind of startled me. I never thought she would another personality in her”

“what are you guys talking about?” Yeri perks up, staring curiously at the two older girls.

“Wendy, she has DID” Irene answers shortly.

“DID?” this time, it was Saeron.

“Dissociative Identity Disorder” Seulgi answers.

The three raise a brow at Seulgi, wondering where she got this knowledge from.

“Aren’t you usually… stupid or something?” Irene teases.

“Hey! I’m not that dumb!”

“No, you’re not dumb at all!” Irene says sarcastically, ignoring thee pout on Seulgi’s lips. “So, what do you think?”

“I think that I’ve gotta go. I got a class soon.” The bear says as she starts packing her things.

***

Irene sits in class, her chin on her palm as she stares blankly at the man at the front of the room.

“And, so because of this…” the man rambles on as the words fly past Irene’s ears.

Irene doesn’t try to focus on the lesson anymore. She completely zones out and starts imagining things.

Without realising it, she had daydreamt throughout class. When she returns to her senses, the class is already empty. She quickly packs up her bag and leaves without another word.

As she walks towards the campus centre for lunch a person catches her eye. Seulgi was talking to a familiar looking brunette; the same brunette she’s been thinking about for the past week or so.

She walks closer and tries to grab their attention. She raises her hand, flailing it around. Fortunately she doesn’t have to swing it around for long since Wendy (was this Wendy or Seungwan, maybe the new girl?) had already turned to look at her.