Chapter 1

"You may leave now, Ms. Bae," Her professor says as he grins in delight, reading the report she had just submitted.

Irene packs her bag and quickly leaves the building, not wanting to be in the prison most would call college. She feels like she's been drained of all her energy. All she wishes to do now was to crash her body into her bed.

"I can't wait to get home and relax," She mumbles to herself as she takes long strides so she could reach home faster.

She stops when she hears footsteps coming towards her, someone calling her name.

"Baechu unnie!" A familiar female voice calls. Irene stumbles forward when some weight landed on her back. She feels the other girl nuzzling her nose closer to the crook of her neck.

Just when she thought she could get some peace and quiet.

"Kim Yerim." She grunts, her voice alarmingly hostile. Irene could feel the girl on her back tense up. "If you don't get off of me right now, the number of bones in your body will triple," she hisses.

The highschooler slowly climbs off, her limbs shivering in terror. Her feet land softly on the ground, hands falling to her side.

"Well, aren't you in a bad mood?" Yeri tries to joke, hand nervously rubbing the back of her neck, trying to hide her quivering voice.

Irene growls. She didn't have time for this. She's been pulling all-nighters for three days straight. What she needs right now is rest, not a whiny, hormonal teenager trying to annoy her.

She continues walking, shoving her hands in the pocket of her black jumper and tries to ignore the squirtle-like girl happily skipping beside her.

Oh, how she hates having a sister.

***

Irene drops her bag and smashes her body into her mattress. It feels great even though she landed face first. Maybe she can finally get rid of her panda eyes now.

Irene can feel her eyes drooping, sleep starting to take over her body, but her eyes jolt open when she hears her phone ring.

Maybe not.

Right now is not the best time to call her. Not when she's feeling like a grumpy ogre.

"What the fuck do you want?" She answers harshly, not even reading the caller ID.

"Hello?" An angelic voice comes through the receiver. Irene's eyes had already started drooping at the person's voice.

Irene drifts off to sleep to the sound of the angel's confused calls of "Hello?".

***