Chapter 1

Harry.

My feet were hardly touching the ground as I sprinted down the old pine trail, the trees encircling me and making me dizzy as I looked up at them. The thorn bushes were snagging my clothes and giving me various cuts as I tried my best to maneuver around them. My breathing was caught in my throat as the lights that were being shined and the sirens that were going off got brighter and louder. They were close.

"Fucking hell," I breathed out, halting once we were out of the bright lights vision. "This is insane, Lou - god, I feel like I'm about to pass out."

Louis' slim body turned around, his chest moving just as rapidly as mine was. I couldn't help but notice the new holes in his shirt, how it was stretched out majorly from grabbing. "I told you not to come in the first place, Harry. This isn't any of your business!"

Bending over slightly, I pressed my palms to my knees as I attempted to catch my breath. "You know good and well why I wanted to come. Why I needed to come."

Although it was pitch dark outside, I could see Louis roll his eyes at me and flick his hair. "We gotta get out of here, damn it. C'mon fellas," he said lowly to his pals.

Louis then came over to me, grabbing my shirt collar in my hands and lifting me up slightly to look at him. "Don't fucking follow us, you got it? You're not even supposed to be here with us in the first place, Styles. I swear if I look behind me and I see you there I'll slit your throat." He then let go and, almost on cue, him and his gang members left. Out of complete sight.

It was then when my eyes turned wide, looking to the right of me and noticing a bright light being shined down onto me. I attempted in backing up, tripping over thin air slightly.

"Put your hands up, sir!" The officer whose face was completely useable spoke down to me.

I began shaking my head rapidly, my lower lip jittering at the whole intellectual process of what was actually happening. I was caught. There was no way of getting out of this one. They found me.

"No - no you don't understand," My words were all fumbled together, I tried to fix them up, but it was no use. "You have the wrong guy!"

The officer chuckled as he stepped toward me, maneuvered around me, pulled my hands behind my back forcefully, and snapped hand-cuffs around my wrists all in a swift motion. I was in complete shock, I had no time whatsoever to even fight back with the middle age man.

"Hope you know just what you've gotten yourself in to, kid." He grumbled into my ear, yanking me toward where the other lights were being shown down the woodland trail I had ran down.

The lights only got brighter as we got closer, I was forced to squint them so I wouldn't lose my eyesight. There was lots of small talk as I approached a few other cops, guns pointed at me but they slowly put them away. I wasn't as scared as I should of been, in fact it was nothing new to me.

"Back seat," The officer said lowly before opening the back door of the cop car and practically pushing me inside. A sigh escaped my lips as I got situated, loving the feeling of finally sitting down after what seemed like hours and hours of standing.

"Aren't you gonna take these cuffs off me?" I asked, smirking a bit at my sarcastic question.

The cop in the driver's seat took a glance back at me, complete seriousness on his face as he studied me for a few moments before returning to the road. "Now is not the time to be joking, sir. Do you realize what you've done? The crime you've committed?"

My head began shaking back and forth in disagreement, "No, you don't understand, it wasn't--"

He chuckled, instantly cutting me off. "There's no point in denying it. And there's no point in telling us it wasn't you, kid."

I gritted my teeth together, feeling my bony jaw pop out. "First of all, I'm clearly not a kid. So it would be nice if you'd stop calling me that."

There was a silence then that engulfed the car, making me turn my head to look out the window at the passing trees going by. All I could do was think. Think about everything that had happened.

+++

My daydreams and thinking had gotten the better of me. Once I snapped back into reality I had realized I was in a room with pale walls surrounding me and a single desk that lay in front of me. There was a lamp that sat on the desk followed by a phone. I was tempted to use it.

"Mr. Styles," I heard a low voice say as they entered the room.

My head whipped up a lot quicker than expected as I looked the skinny man in the eye. "How do you know my name?" Was all I could think to ask.

"Do you not remember telling us that when you came in here? I mean we asked you almost every detail as we took your mug shots..."

My eyebrows were furrowed as I looked down, noticing I had on a familiar bright orange jump suit with a single pocket on the left side of my chest. My hands were cuffed to the chair arms, my feet also cuffed together. "Oh my--"

"Yep. You're in jail, Mr. Styles. And you're gonna be here for quite a long time." The still unidentified man said, smiling slightly as he talked. I wanted to rip the smile right off his face. I was so tempted. I had hardly even known the guy and he was already pissing me off to know end with his sarcastic little tone.

I didn't know what to say, it was almost as if my voice had suddenly just disappeared in the brief moment. Either that or there was nothing to be said.

"Mr. Locke, I've just put her on the phone." A new voice filled the room, making both my, and the now identified man, turn our heads to look at the noise.

"Oh, right, coming. I'll deal with you later, Mr. Styles." Mr. Locke stated as he arose from his chair and walked toward the door.

My eyes stayed fixed on the door as I noticed they had left a small crack in it, letting me hear just about everything they were saying as they stood right outside of it.

"Yes, Mrs. Conrad. We've found the killer."