Chapter 6: Under The Night Sky

I do not own any of the characters. Thanks for reading!

As everyone had been noticing, Aparri and Lilac had been growing closer. Julian felt betrayed. Lilac and himself had kissed just two moons ago, and were previously a couple.

The six friends wers currently finding a new camp to stay at. As Julian trudged through the snow, Wisteriamoon caught up to him.

"Hey," she said.

Julian replied hastily. "Hey."

"Sooo, Julian, seen any Spinnyboiz lately?"

Julian had to laugh at that, considering that no one had joked once yet on their terrifying journey.

"Nope. I guess we'll have to wait until we find everyone before I can invade Aparri's den again." How would they find everyone?

They joked with each other for a while, until they found another cave, this time with enough space to house all six of them comfortably.

Too bad, Julian thought. I'm on guard duty tonight. As the friends gazed up towards the peak of Phantom Mountain, they soon realized how much closer their journeying had brought them so far. Soon they were to see if all their travel had brought them to the phantoms, or as Julian liked to say, the phantom hive.

Wisteria couldn't wait to lay down, even if it was on the stone floor of a cave. To think, how just less than a week ago, she had hesitated to get out of bed when the Phantoms attacked. Where would she be now if Bepper hadn't comes to warn her? She didn't like to think about it.

Wisteria soon remembered that it was her turn to guard the cave, though. She inwardly groaned, and decided she would rest in the cave until sunset, then.

As it turned out, sundown came fast. Wisteria reluctantly walked out into the cold air. She was beginning to think that there really wasn't anything between her and Aparri.

As she had walked out of the cave, she had seen the way Lilac and Aparri had been looking at each other. And she still didn't like Lilac.

Julian and her stood outside in the cold for hours. It soon became too cold for her to want to joke around, so they were silent after that.

The stars were out that night. Julian was reluctant to put his tail around her, but after seeing her shiver like this, he couldn't stand to see her cold for much longer. After all, Wisteria's fur wasn't as long as all of theirs.

It was sometime after midnight, Wisteria thought. Both were struggling to stay awake, but knew that they had to keep a lookout for phantoms. Wisteria was not letting herself fall asleep after last time. She didn't want anyone else getting hurt. And they were so close to the peak of Phantom Mountain now, too... phantoms could be popping up anywhere. The two kept waiting the night out...

They stood shivering outside. The Earth felt as if it were still. The sky was blank, empty, except for the few remaining stars, as if a dotted black sheet hung above them. Wisteria leaned against Julian. Looking up at him, she wondered aloud, "What if it all ends tomorrow?"

Julian didn't move. Instead, he said, "Then at least I'd have my last days be good ones." Neither of them moved from where they were seated, under the night sky. Wisteria leaned in to kiss him. He hesitated. "We can't. Lilac would..."

"Lilac loves Aparri." As much as Julian was expecting these words to sting, they didn't make much of an impact, to his surprise. And to Wisteria's surprise, it was Julian who kissed her. Under the beautiful, still sky. Neither were looking forward to tomorrow, but at least they had each other. And that's all that matters.

Thank you SO MUCH for reading! Please try and check out my other fanfic I am writing, called "Seven Days: A Skepper Story". See ya in my next chapter! XD