Chapter 22: The Battle's Not Over Yet

Wisteria hit the ground hard, volts of energy still flickering about through her fur.

The sky was starting to go woozy above her, and she was struggling to keep her eyes open.

She had been electrocuted.

Everything around her felt still, and a faint ringing noise sounded in her ear. Besides that, she couldn't hear anything.

She didn't know that because of her heroic action, the phantoms had vanished, now gone for good.

She didn't know how she'd saved Julian's and all of the other's lives.

The few that could stand rushed over to help her, but it was already far too late.

Her eyes felt like closing, it was so hard...

She couldn't go on anymore. But she didn't want to go. She was scared of leaving...

She knew what was coming. One by one, each of her muscles started to numb, and it was hard to breath.

She had so much she had wanted to say, to do...

Now the five friends who had accompanied her on the journey that had began an adventure, an unforgettable lifetime of dangers and wondrous events, were surrounding her.

Julian pushed to the front of the group, frantically.

Wisteria saw his mouth moving, and tried to say something back, but failed.

Her mouth refused to move, and sound was absent.

She felt the last of her muscles go numb, and her eyes began to close.

She was fighting as hard as she could, to stay awake for just bit longer.

She just needed to say goodbye...

But there was no right time to say goodbye...

She never would have known...

Her body went limp.