Part Ten: Pets

The next day, Taylor was back on the Hogwarts Express.  Taylor and her friends found a compartment and sat down.  They told each other what presents they got.  Since electronics won't work in the magical world, Rose cast a charm on all the electronics they got.  They all thanked her.  Taylor let them ride her hoverboard and they loved it!  It was harder than usual to do though, because they were on a moving train.  Taylor also showed them her smart watch and they showed her what they got.  Rose and Lily got tablets.  Carson and Katie got a phone.  All of the sudden, Taylor heard hoots and meows from under the seat.  When she asked whose pets they were, they said, "Ours!"  They all took out their pet.  Katie said, "I got an owl.  Her name is Hooty."  Rose said, "I got a cat.  Her name is Oreo.""  Lily said, "I got an owl.  Her name is Lucy."  Carson said, "I got a cat.  His name is Algernon.  The name, Algernon, is from a book I read."  That's a weird name, Taylor thought.  She said, "Those are all great names.  I got an owl.  Her name is Snowflake."  Rose said, "That's a good name."  They all agreed.  Taylor said, "I also found out that I'm a half-blood.  My mom was a witch.  She was a Hufflepuff.  My dad got an acceptance letter for Hogwarts, but decided not to go.  He doesn't believe in magic.  Actually, I don't know what that would make me.  Three-quarters blood, pure-blood or half-blood.  I'll probably just say that I'm a half-blood."  Rose said, "Yeah, that's the least confusing way.  I never heard of someone that didn't want to go to Hogwarts before."  They looked out the window and saw Hogwarts.  They put their robes on and got off the train.  They went into the Great Hall.  Once Professor McGonagall made sure everyone was there, they ate dinner.  Afterwards, they went to the Gryffindor common room.  They talked some and went to sleep.