Chapter Three

Chapter 3

"Alice!!!" Angie lets out in relief, hugging Alice out of Ada's arms. "Alice It's been hard without you these past years." says Angie while she hugs her. She lifts her sleeve, takes out her bag and shows Alice empty anti-virus viles. Alice's eyes widen in shock. "Oh my god. How are you still human??"

"It gets me to sometimes, when I'm alone at night and I've killed enough to be safe for that moment..." Angie sighed. "I can feel it changing inside me but I hold it back."

"We're here, it's okay.....I'm here." reassured Alice, as she put Angie's head on her shoulder.

Angie could feel the ache in her legs. She knew this feeling all too well. Soon, the dull throb would turn into a mild burn, then, the fire would consume her blood, setting her muscles alight with searing pain.

She had only ever gotten that far once. Once when she had forgotten her lunchbox on the counter as she caught the bus for school. Mid way through the day, her knees had begun to ache.

She had instinctively reached for her backpack searching the contents inside. Then she remembered setting her lunchbox down on the counter as she retied her shoe.

How could she have been so careless? She had called her father, and as always, daddy had come to save her. By the time he had gotten to the school, she had almost blacked out from the pain. He was always rescuing her.

But no one would rescue her this time. The antivirus was gone.

"Will you two wait here for a bit? Ada and I will go find Chris and Claire" Jill said getting her equipment. "You two need rest."

"What about Leon?" Ada asked in worry.

"He can make is way to us, He did rescue us back at the facility." Alice added walking into building to rest Angie.

Jill walked to Alice and put her hand on her shoulder, "We'll be back soon... I promise. Hey Angie, I'll try to find you help just as I did before."

As soon as Jill and Ada left, the two virus intoxicated girls began to fall asleep. Before Alice could prevent anything, she felt Angie moving next to her. Alice didn't wake up.

Sounds of skin ripping, made her move but not enough to wake her. Soon enough, Angie became this mutated creature covered in blood with four arms. Alice woke up only to watch In fear, she couldn't defend herself even if she wanted to. She didn't want to hurt Angie.

"What the hell, I thought she could hold it back." She sighed moving away slowly. The mutated Angie heard her wake, picked her up and threw her across the room. Her body stopped at a person's feet. Someone had been watching them. The anonymous stepped on Alice's chest, as she coughed and gasped for air. It was a man. Alice looked up and closed her eyes slowly in disappointment. It was Wesker.

"Well, isn't this a fine example of evolution?" examined Wesker.

"Don't you touch her." groaned Alice trying to reach her gun

"That's not my job, it's yours." said Wesker as he smirked, picked up Alice and threw her right towards the creature, as it opened its arms for her. "Let's see what the ultimate weapon can do." He snickered.

As Alice flew in the air, midway to the creature, someone jumped through the ceiling, stopping Alice's route to imminent death. They carried a big sword, it appeared to be a woman. Wesker grimaced in disappointment.

The woman landed with her sword impaled into the ground with Alice under her as if she was protecting her. Wesker and the creature ran towards her. Alice tried to open her eyes slowly, she couldn't keep them open. Everything she saw was a blur. She managed to make out blonde hair, and a black and white uniform.

"Huh what? What is this? What's happening... ANGIE" Alice's eyes widened in worry. "Who are you? Don't hurt her!"

"I've got this." said the woman as she pulled her sword out from the ground and back flipped.