Matty

Forest was usually filled with noise and life, which was ironic since it had taken many, but today Forest was strangely silent. There were no bird calls, no scuttling of animals, no running streams, not even the wind was blowing, nothing. Nothing except the soft sound of Rose's breath filling the empty air. She had hid herself in a tree, knowing the exactly when he was going to pass by. She had taken an intrest to this boy after she realized her last apprentice was not going to make the cut. Though it saddened her, Rose had to let the girl go. She was about to begin a new, very important, part of her life. It was when the girl was still Rose's candidate that both girls met Matty. Mischievous and full of energy, he instantly reminded Rose of herself when she was his age. So it was no contest as to who the Rose's next choice would be.

5, 4, Rose counted down as she spotted him walking towards her hiding spot. 3, 2....1! 

She jumped out of the tree and dropped right in front of him.

"Woah," he stepped back and put his hands up defensively, "Where did you come from? I thought no one else could survive in Forest."

"Don't worry Matty, I'll get straight to my point." Rose's hand darted to his head and she plucked a single hair from his head.

"Ow," he rubbed his head, "Wait, how do you know my name? Do I know you?"

"Unfortunately, you don't know me." she dropped the hair into a small vial, "Guess I should introduce myself, Rose Tyson, look I'd give you my business card, but I left it at home, so you'll just have to go with your first impression." Rose grabbed the round metal object that she needed and wiped any trace of a memory of her.

------------

Rose sat in her hideout mixing and matching until she had the correct substance for this project. She reached into her bag and extracted a vial filled with a single hair from the head of her new apprentice, Matty. Rose dropped the hair into the potion and watched as it slowly simmered, fogged, clouded, and began to float in the air. Suddenly, the smoke zipped out of the room, eager to find its new target; Matty.