Chapter 1: Getting to know it

Chapter 1. My first. If you want more, just comment. If I see any comments I will endure to write!

Thanks!

Hi! My name's Harry.

I live on Berk. I'm nearly 15. I know every inch of this island. Well, except for up high. I never liked it on these dragons. They scare me. I only own a cute baby Nadder. I call her SkySpike. SS for short.

"Good morning-- oh..",

I heard that while half asleep. It got silent for a moment. I'd rather choose to ignore it, I don't really want to get up..

"OWWW! What was that for??"

I looked at my father. He had thrown me on the ground playfully to wake me up. I didn't think it was so playful, though.

"Dad! Ehh... I'm tired.. I've been up late, I had lots of, well... stuff to work on."

I climb back onto bed and grab the sheets to cover my self when I realized I was holding air. I opened my eyes.

"Ow, c'mon dad, gimme my blanket, I really want to sleep!"

"Ah, Harry, please. Don'tcha know what time it is?", he whispers at that sort of last part.

"Meh, whaa-?"

"It's.. SONGLETOG!!"

Ohhhh no.. just... no!

"This means you get to learn about your first dragon! You're gonna be on the air, son! Like a glorious viking flying over the village, looking out and helping whoever needs it! Ohh, I can't wait until you join all those dragon trainers!! I'm so excited, son! C'mon get ready!!"

"Oh, dad; please, you know how much I don't like it on dragons!"

My dad always compared me to those dragon trainers. I never really liked to be part of them. They seemed all thuggy anyway, although I hate to admit it, but, they saved the entire village a handful of times. Dad thinks I have to be just like them, I kind of.. feel that he doesn't like me as much as he likes the dragon trainers. Ehh.. The thought disappoints me,

"These dragons, dad, they fly so fast. I took a ride on a dragon once... Well, accidentally; but I nearly died of the speed. Dad, I can't handle it!"

"Oh, Harry, of course you can handle it! Everyone can, well, at least vikings!"

Does that make me not-a-viking person?

"Dad!"

"I can't wait until you save the place with the others! Son, it's time. You told me this year you'd do it.. for me!"

"Gargh... fine.. dad.."

Everyone is celebrating snoggletog.. With their dragons. It was early, and the dragon trainers go to the academy to do some tasks at somewhere during noon. I'll just try not to fall off of one again to lose a limb or something. I got there, and I think I found a new student. Just like me. A girl... Good.. I mean, because she's new, that's all. Don't get me wrong.. well..

"Oh what's up! New trainer!"

She came up to me and I just looked back in confusion.

"What is it? Aren't you excited to start flying on dragons!? It's amazing! Come on, follow me!", she said excitedly.

"Wha- Wait... You.. aren't new??", I asked, extremely puzzled.

"What? Me? Oh, don't be ridiculous, I've been here since the start! Come on, follow me. I'll introduce you to the others!"