Cursed or blessed wattpad Chapter three

Chapter three-

I couldn't sleep, it felt like I was being watched. I was freezing despite the summer heat and the extra duvet cover that I had added. It was three am and I was contemplating getting up and ready for school and then reading.

I was actually almost asleep when a crash downstairs made me sit up again. I heard my mother direct someone to my room. She must have fallen asleep on the sofa, something she would never do unless... she was expecting someone.

The footsteps started up the steps and I could only think of one thing. Run. I glanced around the room, regretting choosing the only room without a balcony. The window was way to high for me to jump down from. I ran out of the door and headfirst into a man who handcuffed me and then put a gag around my mouth muttering something about not wanting to wake the neighbours.

I was forced down the stairs and my legs had turned to jelly so I fell at least three times. Once at the bottom, I turned, tears in my eyes to my mother who said "I'm sorry" and held the door open for the man.

He thanked my mother, and made me sit in the police car. The lady driving started the engine and drove off. I waved at my mother who was disappearing slowly into the distance but she didn't wave back.

I took no notice of where we going but we went through a lot of country lanes. We were driving for at least three hours and I needed to get out and stretch my legs. I was getting light now so I had no chance of falling asleep. They had forgotten to take the gag out of my mouth and it was disintegrating. The hand cuffs were digging into my back and cutting into my wrists and I was desperate for a glass of water, I had a headache as well. We stopped again at a petrol station and the lady driving came around to the back of the car opened the door, and took my gag out. I smiled at her, relieved and she gave me a bottle of water. We waited for the man and drove off again. I finally fell asleep, headache gone, about an hour later.

The lady shook me awake later again. We had arrived... somewhere. It was a large building painted white, with tall trees surrounding it. There was a large lawn at the front and flowers growing around the edge of it. From my description, it sounds like a nice place, but there was something spooky about the place, something told me there where mad people here, bad people here...and innocent, tortured people here. No this was not a nice place; this was a place of horror. I got out of the car reluctantly but was glad to stretch my legs.

They took me up a gravel pathway and into the building where they led me into a room like a reception. I was told to sit down and must have fallen asleep because I woke up later in a cell.

The cell was plain with only a small bed, a toilet in the corner and a seat in the other corner. The walls had just been painted a pale blue/grey colour. I could see nothing of the outside world. The door was metal, strong, and it had a window in it that could only be opened from the out side. I walked around the room a couple of times and then groaned in frustration. There was no point in trying to escape I wouldn't succeed.

I was in the cell for a long time, days blurring into weeks. I gave up on trying to keep track of time; I just slept when I needed to. I had seen nobody, the whole time that I had been here. There was always good food when I woke up, but it was never delivered while I was conscious. I suppose it could have been worse, I had not been tortured I was fed, my bed was comfortable and there was a toilet... but I wanted company.

I was distracted, to my amazement, by something that I had not heard in a long time - footsteps, and they where headed in my direction. Finally I would see another human.

The cover over the window lifted to reveal a pair of chocolate brown eyes. The door clicked open and I sighed in relief. The man was telling me to follow him....