Chapter forty-six: Tornado man

We explained all to him about the Devastrigon rising from the doors of death in Mt. Impyerno again when it was opened, but Mr. Aisle, King Xandier, and company had managed to temporarily seal the door. Since the dragon had awakened again, the lord of the underworld will rise and proclaim as ruler. And only stabbing to its heart could defeat the dragon once and for all. And our hard journey to get him for him to transport us to Mt. Impyerno.

"Triàda Katastrêfo." Mr. Zescield dwelled by the name. "Yes, I think I know the dragon from my collection of textbooks. And the doors of death, that was the last mission Aisle and others had to accomplish."

"We are all also wondering what if the doors of death would never shut," Claes said.

"Well, it goes like this." Mr. Zescield grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from his closet near the stairs. He came back and followed him in his living room where we all sat on his benches. "When the doors open, the dragon will come out, and so does the spirits, which will bring the unbalance to the laws of nature." He drew an opened gate and a three-headed dragon flying out of it, including images of ghosts. "The dragon is the horrifying manifestation of death, chaos, and destruction."

"Will stabbing it in the heart still works?" I asked.

"Of course it will, but so much harder," Mr. Zescield said. "And if I were you, I'll also close the doors of death, because what I had said earlier, the spirits who were meant to be dead were not meant to come out on the surface of our world. Otherwise, everything will be in chaos. If the dragon destroys the world, whomever the lord from the underworld may also deal with serious plans." 

He a figure before shading the entire body. It appeared to be an unknown man covered in darkness with black wings. "The lord from the underworld has been thirsty for vengeance while remaining silent for so long. Since the awakening of you-know-what, well . . . you already know what comes next."

Even though it's just a drawing of a dark-winged figure, I could feel the chills running down my spine. "The lord from the underworld," said Claes. "The second fallen. After the first one being banished from the heavenly kingdom to conquer all creation and became the devil,  this one decided to destroy everything."

"You got that right." Sean nodded after his moment of silence. "By destroying all creation, the second fallen wants to recreate in his image."

"Wait, so the lord from the underworld was an angel?" Lenard looked at them.

"Yes." Claes nodded. "After the devil's defeat, the second fallen learned his lesson and decided to take the battle elsewhere- here on earth to oppose both heaven and hell." 

"Of course things didn't go so well either." Sean began to gesture his hands. "Little did he know that for the first time that angels, demons, and heroes of creation had joined together to stop him and his army from the shadows. For punishment, he got wiped out into the void and never been discussed ever again. Until today, that is." 

"And so the lord from the underworld created something that was left of his power- something that we all know of." Mr. Zescield pointed at the Devastrigon drawing.

"So if closing the doors is an option, the problem is we also don't know where the key is," Chloriette said.

"Yes, that is true." Mr. Zescield nodded. "But there is also another way to close it according to what I had been researching." We watched as he went inside a room before putting a large book on the table. " I had found an ancient text written in the abandoned ruins that were carved in a wall and says this:'To shut the gate of the hallow, one must sacrifice to make it swallow. For the heart will end the sorrow.'"