Chapter forty-eight: Vision is beyond

"The world was beautiful," he said as we both standing on the moon. Yup, you heard me right, literally on the moon. At the other side was a big blue ball decorated with white clouds and green continents. "The first time I looked at this curious planet, I can feel the wonders within every single part of what this world is all about. Its magic, its scientific structures, its surroundings of life."

We both gazed at the enchanted planet. Wow, for a place where we both got linked into this guy's consciousness, I could feel as if I was standing on the moon in real life, but as far as I knew I was made out of spiritual aura. "I said to myself once, 'This will be great as the center of the universe. Because it truly is.'" Dienockrus glanced at me. "Aside from that, there are infinite numbers of worlds such as this. All are in the same state for the sake of balance." Suddenly, both of us were in the sky in a flash. The horizon had never been this beautiful. The sun colored the sky with fascinating colors such as yellow, orange, red, purple, and blue. The mountains touched the clouds as they stayed in their position peacefully. The trees, the rivers, all living things, just doing what they usually do, especially when a pegasus flew closer to the sun. It's all in its beauty.

"But, an unknown force has corrupted nature. War has spread throughout the Eras, these monsters disgusted the world, and the universe and its worlds are in great danger." The horizon was about to morph into its ugly side. Black atmosphere, thunder roared from the clouds, and banging sounds stormed everywhere. "No matter how good these mortals are, they never stop on doing what they intended of what is 'right'. But they only make things worse," he said.

I was speechless. I did not know what to say next, just staring at the world I lived in. After all this time, no wonder why our history was too dark, because of this. We moved into outer space again, but this time we were both floating as we glanced at every colorful galaxy. Explosions puffed out from every inch of the galaxies as I heard screams and battle cries. "What's happening?" I asked. "This young lad," he replied, "Is where the universe is tearing apart because of the actions of men that have a high price which they cannot pay. If you think that someday the forces of good can stop this, it's impossible. Since this evil arrived, life as we know it is incurable. However, I thought of away." We moved back facing the planet earth. "Unlike other guardians, I seek the ultimate answer." The blue color of the world changed into burning red. 

"You plan to destroy my home?" My eyes widened out of shock.

"There is no better way," Dienockrus said. "For the sake of the good, I must destroy the evil of all." As we moved again where we see every galaxy of the universe, all of them started to explode in a huge bang like stars popping up like popcorn. Everything turned bright until the light dimmed before I saw the clouds scattered all of the places. I was jaw-dropped of what Dienockrus would do. "You see, by destroying the mistake of the previous creation, I can make it better." As he snapped his fingers, the galaxies reshaped into their original form. 

"What did you do?" I demanded.

"Not what I did, is what I will do," he lifted his chin. "All of the life force from every living being will be fixed, but they don't understand. They tried to stop me, despite my powers and my army, I was defeated and imprisoned in this place. But like I said earlier, when my knights unlocked the doors of death, I could be free, but I still cannot unchain myself. And only the release of the power of death can free me, and that is why I created the Triáda Katastrêfo."

The galaxy changed its image into the animated picture of the Devastrigon. "To destroy the corruption inside the world still has, I must still take action." I watched as the Devastrigon unleashed its powerful breath while a low screaming sound begging for mercy. "Despite the dragon returning to Mt. Impyerno every time it needs to sleep, it did a wonderful job," Dienockrus' face curved a smirk, which made me angry. "But there is only one tiny problem that can make a whole lot of difference, you."

"I can see that," I said, now glaring at him. 

"Of course you do. You, foolish mortal, possess power far beyond from others." Dienockrus cocked his head but his eyes still focused on me. "If there is a reptilian demon that soars to spread destruction, only its equal can slay it, a fearsome Dragonslayer." He looked at me, scanning if there was nothing right about my face. "And the only thing I can track you down is by linking us both inside my mind, but you were like a baby, roaming around from place to place. And you even made huge damage to my dragon."

"Good, at least I have time to end this," I blurted. "You attempt to destroy these so-called monsters in my world, but I see the true monster in front of me." Then I scoffed. His nose wrinkled and his eyebrows narrowed. Dienockrus suddenly pushed me so far, I collapsed on the invisible ground. "You know, there are others who have the same goal as I am, many had failed. Foolish mortal, do not compare me to those pathetic creatures," he hissed his poisonous words. 

"You think destroying us would make an easier world for your liking?" I grunted as I got up. "That only makes it more catastrophic."

"You're just like the rest of them." Dienockrus hovered closer to me. "But of course, you're only a foolish mortal with a small perspective while my vision is beyond."

"Yeah, a vision inside a crazy man, that's what I'm seeing. And you do say foolish mortal a lot, do you?" I glared. He came fast and reached for my neck before lifting me. "Too much?" I winced. 

"No matter, the Triáda Katastrêfo is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very powerful creature created by my power that even you cannot defeat. This world's disease will be cured and removed once and for all as I am coming. Let's see if the heavens and the realms of hell will come together again to stop me."

"T-too bad." I grimaced. Even for the both of us as only spirits, I could feel his solid hand that was suffocating me. But I did my efforts to speak. "You're still not around to do it." Somehow, my hands burned bright and as I open my hands, a burst of light unleashed that caused a devastating flashbang. 

"NO!!!" He yelled. And finally, I was back in the real world. 

A/N:

Yeah, take that! So what do you think of Dienockrus? In the next chapter, we will be going to have a flashback that Xabe almost forgot to mention.