Chapter fifty-four: Focus on the heart

The twelve battleships continue to fly over the river canals. Suddenly, the bright blue sky was blanketed with stormy clouds, thunder began to rumble followed by its roar. "Is the colony far?" I asked the commander who was leaning on the railing on the quarterback. 

"Yup," he replied.

Later on, I asked. "Are we there yet?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"What about now?"

"No."

"I can feel the dragon's gaining on us."

"Then kill it," he simply said.

"It's not yet the time."

"We'll be there."

"Are we close?"

"No."

"How about now?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"No." Like big brother, like younger brother.

"Oh, man."

"We're here."

"Well, that's fast," I said. As the ships parked near the shore, we were facing many structures of the canyons. The horizon would be more beautiful if it wasn't for the black clouds above. And I couldn't believe what I'm seeing right now. A vast architecture of brown wooden houses decorated with colorful feathers and bird decoration (Mostly made out of wood), in each home, stores, palaces, workplaces, were also connected by massive bridges and hung glowing lights near the railing. The citizens were all dressed in feather headdresses and clothes with different patterns and colors.

Guiseppe and the others stayed on the ship while the commander came with us on the city's bridge. The dark clouds were coming closer. The other warriors evacuated the people to their Safe haven, which was located at the canyon cave not far from here. I gotta say, this place looked wonderful. There were a lot of things that you could hang out in here. In a restaurant, a cafe, a library, even on the balconies where you could see the view.

"Alright, we have everything we need to distract it," said Commander Grayson. His eyes darted to me. "Be ready."

"Captain, the archers are ready

"Captain, the archers are ready." A warrior in red told Claes as we were all now standing on top of the canyons. The captain was in charge of commanding the energy cannon units from far ahead, standing in a great position enough to hit the dragon when it comes. Sean, Lenard, and a group of violet wizards prepared to ride on their broomsticks, golden guns wrapped around their bodies. 

The twelve battleships were floating in mid-air, packed with heavy weaponry. The city was far behind us. Fortunately, we had enough time to set the battle in here.