It's Time to Go Back

The two of you stood in the middle of the rooftop, the afternoon sun's rays suddenly piercing the clouds from above and shining upon your figures. It suddenly felt hot, and you wanted to go back to the classroom already.

Scratching the shell of your ear, you turned your back on the brunette, making his onyx eyes follow the sway of your hair as you walked.

"Haa, it's gotten hot already. Although I told Kunieda that we were gonna eat lunch, she's gonna blow if she saw us buying something to eat after leaving her alone like that."

Oga put both of his hands behind his head, slumping the ever so noisy Berubo on his shoulder. "Ah, speaking of Kunieda, if we meet her on the way, it'll be the end." He hummed casually.

"Yikes," You grimaced at the thought, "she is quite the scary one," before opening the door for the two of you to exit. The delinquent behind you shut the door and followed until he was walking down the stairs beside you, yawning in boredom.

He turned his head towards you in a lethargic manner, and instantly, a toothy smile made its way on his face. You already groaned just in case. "Anyways, about the Rokkisei-"

"- What, I thought we had this talk already-"

- You flinched when you felt his gaze fall in dissatisfaction, his frown furrowing along with his eyebrows.

"Oh, is that a sign of defiance I hear?" His threatening smile appeared, and you responded with a glare accompanied with a scowl.

You sighed in defeat, yet the annoyed tone never left your voice. "Fine, a promise is a promise. I'm not ready to die anyway." Shrugging your shoulders, you buried your hands in your pockets.

"Hah, glad we got that clear." He smiled an unusual grin and put his overly familiar hand on top of your head to ruffle your already disheveled hair. You almost growled at the contact, but decided to let it slide when you saw his shit-eating grin- it got on your nerves and tickled your feelings at the same time.

Clicking you tongue, you brushed the thought away with a wave of a hand above your head. "Tsk, shut up and spill it-" Which is it? "- what did you want to know about Rokkisei again?"

Oga already had his eyes lightened up along with the baby on his back squealing in excitement, if only you didn't notice the sudden outburst of whispers and murmurs along the hallway of students you guys finally reached.

You couldn't hear a word he said, yet the soft mumbling of every St. Ishiyama student's looking out their class windows managed to sneak itself through your ears, and you, hear. Every. Word.

'Uwa, are these delinquents talking about Rokkisei?'

'Tsk, tsk, tsk, to the idiot who told them of that name- they should've known better.'

'If they end up challenging the school's Guardians like the muscle-head they are, I wouldn't bear watching them get beat up.'

'Pfft, what are you talking about, that's her, you know?'

'Ehhh? Who's she, isn't she just another delinquent, one of that guy with a baby's underlings?'

'You insensitive idiot, she's her, her!'

'Our old classmate who almost got expelled! She sent her own friend to the hospital, remember?'

Your eyes narrowed, responding to that vexing feeling that made your blood boil in anger. You felt a bit conscious in talking about them in front of all these people, and your stomach started to churn.

'.. Shut the fuck up, you know nothing-'

Only when you bit your lip in frustration did you hear Oga who's been talking to you the whole time you weren't paying attention.