prologue

Prologue

“Stop! Arabella please!” I plead her, but she never dares to look at me, the broken boy before her.

She keeps running around the house, gathering all her belongings and shoves them into her luggage. I try to stop her, but all she does is push me back. I attempt many more times, but gain the same results as before.

I finally give up, knowing that nothing will change her mind. She pushed down on her bag, then zips up the overflowing suitcase, and bolts out the door of the bedroom.

I hear her run down the stairs of our home, but she stops right in front of our door and finally looks back at me. I break down on my knees and beg her to stay.

“Please, please don’t leave me.” I beg her one last time and grab her arm.

Tears are flowing down like a waterfall and I cannot control them as they hit the hardwood surface underneath us. She doesn’t bother to help me; all she does is stop and stare.

 I finally look away from her and reattach my gaze to the floor. I could feel her move under the palm of my hand as she twists the knob to the door, and the breeze hits us both.

Before she could advances out into the rainy and dark night and away from me, I ask her one last question that’s been haunting my mind.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t love you anymore. No one can love you.”

Because of her, I turned myself into a monster, that couldn’t bear love, but played with the hearts of other women, like she played with mine.

NEW STORY! FEEDBACK PLEASE? IM ACTUALLY THINKING OF KEEPING OBLIVIOUS AND CHANGING THE STORY PLOT SO PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU'D KEEP READING THIS AND I WILL POST CHAPTER 1 IF I GET POSITIVE FEEDBACK. I SWITCHED COVERS SO I HOPE YOU LIKE THE NEW ONE. COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT ALSO.

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS.

*READ, FOLLOW, VOTE, AND COMMENT PLEASE*

-claire-