We're Drinking To Escape

New York.

That warm, fuzzy and exciting feeling when you hear a song on the radio that you haven't heard in ages and it brings you back all the memories of the time when you first heard this song. 

Sometimes I wish I could turn back time to the good old days.

Oh wait, that's a Twenty One Pilots reference.

But that's when reality kicks in.

I have to leave this city tomorrow, start a brand new chapter of my life whom I'm so scared about.

''Are you sure, Zoey? I mean you'll finally get rid of me and all but do you think it's the best decision I have ever made?'' 

''Don't be a little butt Kalani and back out of this! Although you've been on my nerves lately I still love you and no, I won't be better without you. Trust me.''

''But what if something bad happens to someone while I'm gone?'' 

''Stop being annoying, Kalani! Grow up! You're accepted into an university across the country and you're gonna go there. That's all! You sound like a completely different person. You were the one who dared me to go and talk to Ryan! And look how far we've came!''

''Alright. FINE!'' I rolled my eyes and looked out of the window that was covered in raindrops who were reflecting those red, yellow and white city lights.

''Come on, we're here. You'll thank me in a few days, loosen up.'' She winked at me and we got out of the uber.

The building we were staring at was pretty decent -  a skyscraper made out of glass, not too tall but not short either. It was surrounded by more luxurious and magnificent buildings but not that it mattered.

We got into the elevator, clicked on a button which said that it'd take us to the ninth floor but when the doors closed the selfie addiction started.

''Zoey, not again.''

''It's just one picture, come on! Also it's one of those special times you've looked this good,'' she claimed and flipped her gorgeous brown locks that she put so much effort and time in for only this particular event.

''Oh, shut up.'' I was already annoyed.

Lately she's been really strange towards me. We basically grew up together and my family would refer her as my sister because it was impossible to separate us but now since she found a new friend group that I've actually never met she rarely texts me. I'm surprised that she even remembered to bring me here.

''You know you love me!''

''I wish I didn't,'' I told her while she was posing for a mirror selfie, typical Zoey. Her Instagram feed is more important than her reality. Probably, one day when she forgets to pay for the internet (which she obviously won't), she'll be forced to go outside and wonder what even a bird is.

The elevator opened and when we got out of it our heels clicking wasn't the only sound that we heard. I mean we were late to this party so that's nothing unexpected.

''Zoey remember, I told you-''

''Yes, you won't drink tonight. Got it.''

''Hey girls! Finally, I didn't think you would come!'' Ryan greeted us at the door with a red cup in his hand. 

Ryan is my mom's best friend's son so now he's my best friend also. I love him so much. Not romantically but as a brother because he's always been there for me no matter what. He's usually really busy because he's kind of a little nerd like me but that doesn't stop him from doing weird shit together with all of our friends.