Unexpected. (Focuses on Reader)

1 month had passed since the time you had to attend the Waltz for your father's sake. The incident with Creux was rather creepy and the thought of it made you shiver. He was so forceful and rough. It could've been a problem had Gladiolus and your father not stepped in to interrupt. Who was he to begin with? And why did your father tell him to greet you "personally"? Planned marriage? Agh, the thought gave you a headache.

You walked over to the balcony just outside your bedroom and peered over the city of Lothian. From the castle, you could see citizens moving about with joy from one market to another market. Children chased each other around fountains and the elderly gathered together for tea. The men were hard at work just as much as the women - some of which were tailoring, selling vegetables and meats, smithing, and aiding those who were ill. Lothian was peaceful and lively.

"(F/N)! Your father wishes to speak to you!" A squeaky voice shouted from outside of the bedroom. It was your servant, Tuseille.

You turned your head and smiled. "I'll be out in just a moment!" You shouted back and hurried off to do your usual bathing. You then dressed into your casual clothing. You decided to wear your usual (F/C) blouse that fluttered angelically and a white pair of pants that reached to your ankles along with a pair of white flats that your mother gifted to you long ago.

"All set." You thought and quickly left your room to attend to your father's call.

_____

Hey Cutie Pie,

I'm not sure how you've been lately since I have been out adventuring with my pals, but I miss you so much. I am pretty damn happy to know that you are my girl now. I'll kick anyone's ass who tries something on ya'. Trust me. You don't know how long I've been waiting for this. I fell for you long ago. I just hope you love me just the same.

And... That kiss we shared that night on the balcony... I really want more now. Your lips are the sweetest. And your eyes. Damn girl, they shined so bright. Those beautiful (E/C) eyes. I want to see you again. We'll meet up when the time comes. For now take care of your father and make sure that he doesn't overwork himself.

I'll be back to sweep you off your feet. I promise.

Love,
Gladio

"Writing letters isn't really my thing." Gladiolus said as he placed the pen and paper down on the coffee table. A sigh slipped from his lips as he lowered his head and began laughing. "I feel like a child again. Writing letters to (F/N) every day. I'm surprised she never beat me up about it."

"Just imagining YOU writing letters gives me the goosebumps. You're pretty blunt so you know - writing letters might sound more violent than uh, nice?" Prompto chuckled and scratched the back of his head with both eyes shut. "Don't get me wrong. You are a good person but you aren't that innocent looking honestly. And why doesn't she have a phone?"

Gladiolus shrugged. "The Amicitia are tough blooded so of course we aren't always going to be innocent looking. And she does have a phone. It's just off at the moment due to security reasons in the kingdom."

"Ah, makes sense. It would be better to use phones though." Prompto replied with a sigh. "Sucks to be you."

"Hey. As long as I'm able to contact her somehow, that is all that matters." Gladiolus threw a thumbs up at Prompto.

Noctis folded his arms and nodded. "(F/N) is also pretty tough. She's a Knight after all. Her father really cherishes her because she has done so much to protect her kingdom. It's amazing. The bloodline of (L/N) is admirable."