>>seven

I decided to leave the bar seeing as I wasn't getting drunk. I walked over to my car, contemplating whether to just go home or take a walk to the park nearby.

Park, I thought, was the much better option.

I grabbed my phone from my purse and put said purse into my car and shut the door while I was at it.

The State Park was basically just like any other, with benches all around and light posts surrounding them giving it a cute but comfortable feeling. The park was practically empty, except for a few guys and girl about my age, laughing about something and all in all just enjoying the scenery. I looked around thinking of where to sit, before deciding on the bench closest to my car. I unlocked my phone and went on to my Reader, I typed in the search bar my latest conquest at the moment which was What happened to Goodbye? by Sarah Dessen.

I had been reading for the past thirty minutes when I felt someone sit beside me, he was tall-not in the I am going to fall off any moment from now tall, just tall-, gorgeous-in a way that even if you weren't interested, you had to notice- he had brown hair, that was obviously not combed but perfect all the way in that, guy next door kinda way.

I must have been staring for what felt like minutes but was probably only seconds.

I cocked my eyebrows, "Can I help you?" I said politely, although forced.

"Nope" He said

"Okay then" I said looking at him weirdly. I turned back to my phone.

But I could feel him looking at me.

"What?" I said facing him to give him a death glare

"Just take this" The guy said, grabbing my hand. He turned it palm up before I could even react and pulled up a pen out of his back pocket, then proceeded-I am not joking- to write down a name and a phone number in the space between my thumb and forefinger.

"You are insane," I said, jerking my hand back, which caused the last digits to get smeared and knocked the pen out of his hand. It clattered to the floor.

"Yo, Romeo!" someone yelled from the back, and there was a burst of laughter. I now noticed that he was probably one of the guys I saw earlier when I passed by.

"Come on man, let's go!" I looked up at him, still incredulous. Talk about not respecting a person's boundaries.

He glanced behind him, then back at me. "I'll see you soon," he said, and grinned at me. "Like hell," I replied, but then he was already going.

I glanced at my hands. Jamie. What a stupid name?