Chapter 12

Jacob slipped his feet into a lovely pair of black shiny shoes that he had gone out and bought earlier that evening. He stood in front of the mirror in his bedroom and examined his outfit. He was wearing a black suit that made him look like he was in control. His suit fitted him perfectly. Never did he think that he would be able to look this good in a hand-me-down suit. He could see the bulge of his muscles in his chest and arms. His hair was a little curly due to it being a little longer than he liked, but it made him look so classy and well presented. He sprayed a little bit of Calvin Klein aftershave before he took a deep breath and began walking down the stairs. 

Connie was stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a deep red dress that clung to her body beautifully. It hung just below her knees. She smiled as she watched herself in the mirror. The dress she wore made her cleavage stand out even more than any other outfit had done before. She was again, wearing a pair of her Christian Louboutins, but this pair had crystals embroidered on the front. Her hair was pinned back in a bun behind her head which complimented her cheek bones amazingly. 

Jacob almost felt not good enough as he reached the bottom of the stairs. She looked so gorgeous. She was way out of his league and everybody who saw them would know that. 

Connie looked up at Jacob who was standing on the bottom step and gave him a small smile, making his heart miss a beat. It took Connie a great amount of control to even give him a smile, instead of allowing her mouth to drop like it would've done originally. 

Jacob couldn't take his eyes off of her. It wasn't long before he realized just how hard it would be to try and keep his hands to himself. 

_

"I believe that I haven't seen you around here before. My name is Robyn"

The ginger haired lady stretched her hand out to shake Jacob's. Jacob shook her hand and nodded, giving her a quick smile. "I'm Jacob. It's lovely to meet you"

"You too. What brings you here?" she asked, taking a sip of her drink and looking at him with warm eyes. 

"Oh, I am, erm. I'm going to be one of the trainee nurses. So I will be working here in the Emergency Department" he smiled. "Mrs. Beauchamp gave me the job here. I honestly couldn't thank her enough.." he continued. 

"Oh, is that so?" Robyn joked. Her eyebrows raised and her warm smile turned into a cheeky smirk.

Jacob laughed at her comment. "No, it's not what you think..She's a close friend, allowing me to stay with her until my family can earn enough money to support my profession"

"Are you talking about me?"

Connie slowly walked up and stood beside Jacob. Looking from Jacob to Robyn who was still trying to figure out what the actual relationship between the two of them was, just trying to look for the minor details.

Jacob turned his head and grinned. "Of course we are talking about you, what else would we be talking about? Nothing to worry your pretty little head about"

She rolled her eyes. "Only good things I hope.." she said, before turning on her heal and slowly drifting away. 

"Oh, Mrs. Beauchamp. Jacob is great. I believe he is staying at yours. You must have so much fun"

Robyn's comment made Jacob gasp just as he took a sip of his beer, causing him to choke a little. He thought that he was coughing quietly until he saw people stare back at him. 

"You alright?" Robyn asked as she placed her hand on his back, tapping gently.

"Yeah, it just went.. down the wrong hole. I'm fine!" he said inbetween coughs. 

Jacob cleared his throat, feeling the warm hand of Connie resting on his back. "Maybe we should get you some fresh air" she said, wandering past Robyn and leading him through the spaces which had been left from the other team members, holding him close to her. She lead him out of the reception doors, hitting the cool fresh air Jacob took a deep breath. His cough weakening as he smelt the fresh air. 

"Are you okay?" she asked, trying to make herself look serious, but he could see the smile threatening to form on her face. "If you want to go home then I can call you a taxi.." she continued. 

"No, really, I'm fine. The drink just went down the wrong way" he chuckled. 

"Perhaps you shouldn't be drinking then" she winked causing him to laugh.

"Thanks, boss, I'll remember that"

The both of them stood in silence, listening to the sound of the sirens in the distance. It was a clear evening, so the stars were easier to see, although there was still a slight chill.

Jacob turned to look at Connie who was leaning against the wall, staring into thin air. "You look beautiful" he said. She quickly snapped out of her daydream and turned to look at him. His eyes holding hers, not allowing her to look in any other direction. His gaze was so soft and the way he looked at her made her feel something. The smell of his Calvin Klein aftershave made her swoon. "You're the most beautiful woman here this evening" he smiled. 

Connie tore her eyes away from his, finally. She looked to the floor grinning to herself. She had this man in the palm on her hands, she just didn't know what to do with him next. 

"Flattery doesn't get you anywhere Mr Masters.."

He reached for her hand and flipped them around so that his back was now resting against the brick wall and she was standing just inches away from him. Her face was so close to his that he could feel her breath on his skin.

Her chest was rising and falling very rapidly. His eyes dropped from her face, making their way down her beautifully toned body. They both knew that they needed to be professional, but that was certainly proving to be difficult. He ran his fingers up and down her thigh. "You don't know how hard it has been trying not to eye you up all evening. With every chance I've had I have been stealing glimpses of you. All the other blokes keep looking at you and the last thing I want is for somebody else to have their way with you.."

Connie had absolutely no idea what to say. Again, it felt like the power within her was struggling to come out. She knew exactly what he was insinuating and she wanted it as much as he did. But they just couldn't risk being caught on their first public and professional outing together. A small sly smile crossed her face as she pushed her finger into his chest, pushing herself way. 

"Well there's nothing wrong with having a little bit of fun, is there?" she asked with raised eyebrows.